• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Ei Aoki

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swami.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:02 am Reply with quote
Very cool interview! Fate Zero is one of my all time favorite series, and it's cool that Ei Aoki would also like to see a live action adaptation of it too! Very Happy
russ869

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised she described Megazone 23 as "not really taking off here." It was a pretty popular tape among the fledgling anime fandom in the mid-90s. I mean, if you're going to add "compared to Japan," very few things would probably qualify as taking off. I don't see how it's release was any more limited than any other 80s OVA.

I have the odd feeling I've seen pieces of this article already... Maybe something I read on twitter?

Last edited by russ869 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Swami.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:46 pm Reply with quote
It would've been fun to hear Aoki's thoughts on directing the first episode of Fate Zero, and how characters were circling other characters like sharks when giving exposition. Laughing
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Great interview. I didn't realize how young he was. A lot of potential greatness could come from him in the future. I hope all 3 of those projects he is working on see the light of day, and I hope we get to see much much more from him in the future.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
If I can just namedrop famous people, Spielberg is a favorite. That's because he can vary his style across a broad range that spans a lot of genres. It might be ambitious of me to say that I aspire toward him, but he's certainly a great role model.

I'd think Ei Aoki already achieved that in his own way, having directed titles like Fate/Zero and Wandering Son, which couldn't be more different--and oh yeah, believe it or not according to the encyclopedia he even did something like Girls Bravo back in the day.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:23 pm Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
Quote:
If I can just namedrop famous people, Spielberg is a favorite. That's because he can vary his style across a broad range that spans a lot of genres. It might be ambitious of me to say that I aspire toward him, but he's certainly a great role model.

I'd think Ei Aoki already achieved that in his own way, having directed titles like Fate/Zero and Wandering Son, which couldn't be more different--and oh yeah, believe it or not according to the encyclopedia he even did something like Girls Bravo back in the day.

did that REALLY ACTUALLY HAPPENED??

i highly doubt that would the case cause i definitely would have known since like with all ecchi/fanservice harem , i am a die hard fan of both the anime and manga versions of Girls Bravo and there would have been a mention of ei aoki having a part in that project.

Quote:
Jacob: I wanna see HBO adapt Fate/Zero, that's my personal dream. Like full-on Game of Thrones treatment.

i only have three little words for that. OH HELL NO!!

if that happened , every hardcore otaku and causal anime fan would avoid that mess like the plague. even if its from the fate series, anything anime related that get adapted by big time hollywood companies like HBO, is a recipe for disaster. if anyone really wants the fate series to be adapted to be shown in the US, just show the anime series on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block and never EVER even attempt to try a live action monstrosity. it will never work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Valhern

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:28 am Reply with quote
I basically came to comment about the suggestion of HBO doing Fate/Zero and I must say that, AT LEAST, HBO is by far the last idea that I would have for anyone handling the Fate franchise in live action. I mean, just taking the example of A Song of Ice and Fire translated to Game of Thrones is enough to know where it would end up.

It was a cool interview nonetheless, with a little insight in the difference between working in a movie and ufotable as an anime studio.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1