• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Super Anime's Universe Survival Saga Teased in Promo Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:38 am Reply with quote
Out of all gods of destruction and Suoreme Kais present there we can only see the faces of the ones from U7 and U6. Dammit Toyotaro stop teasing us so much.
Topgunguy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:45 pm Reply with quote
After some moron thought it'd be a great idea to put a timer on the potara fusion and then further decrease Vegito's screentime to less than 10 minutes, I have lost all interest in Dragon Ball Super.
904thehero1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
After some moron thought it'd be a great idea to put a timer on the potara fusion and then further decrease Vegito's screentime to less than 10 minutes, I have lost all interest in Dragon Ball Super.

Honestly I think now because of that Vegito could appear more, maybe in the next arc in a Two on Two fight. Before he was seen as super strong and super powerful, now it is a good option for a super tough fight as a last resort. So I mean the debuff is not such a bad idea if it can be used as an option that isn't total deus ex machina.
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Topgunguy wrote:

Portara fusion was never permanent to big with for non Kioshin as evidenced with well Vegetto defusing the first time.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

Portara fusion was never permanent to big with for non Kioshin as evidenced with well Vegetto defusing the first time.

The former was one thing as they used DragonBalls to undo the fusion whereas the latter was an asspull because Toriyama needed to keep Vegetto from killing Buu.....just like what happened with Gohan, Gotenks, & Vegeta.
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:47 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

The former was one thing as they used DragonBalls to undo the fusion whereas the latter was an asspull because Toriyama needed to keep Vegetto from killing Buu.....just like what happened with Gohan, Gotenks, & Vegeta.

That's my point it was retconned as soon as it became a thing. All Super did was finally give us for that retcon.
Punisherrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Topgunguy wrote:

Yay, one less idiot watching dbs. We dont need elitists who watch db for one or two things and think the story or some shit is important. Reminder, no one watches dbz or dbs for its story. Grow up.
Deoxy360

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:40 am Reply with quote
Punisherrr wrote:
Topgunguy wrote:

Yay, one less idiot watching dbs. We dont need elitists who watch db for one or two things and think the story or some shit is important. Reminder, no one watches dbz or dbs for its story. Grow up.

Kind of a bit harsh. I went back and read dragon ball for the story. And do my best to look for character development in dragon ball series. Because if I was only watching dragon ball z or dragon ball super for the fights. I'd be a bit dull and till tapping into my boring kid self.
Punisherrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:06 am Reply with quote
Deoxy360 wrote:

Kind of a bit harsh. I went back and read dragon ball for the story. And do my best to look for character development in dragon ball series. Because if I was only watching dragon ball z or dragon ball super for the fights. I'd be a bit dull and till tapping into my boring kid self.

Db is when story was important. Not in super or Z though. Thats where fights, transformations, powerups and art are far more important. I dont have a problem with that, actually i prefer it but Im trying to make a point. Obviously they need somewhat of a decent story if they wants fans to stay but expecting some death note level story is wrong.

{Edit: You need to watch the insults. Calling people idiots and then elitists because they have a different opinion than you is not going to fly. Also, please refrain from excessive quoting.. I edited your post for you. ~ Psycho 101}
Deoxy360

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:10 am Reply with quote
Punisherrr wrote:

Db is when story was important. Not in super or Z though. Thats where fights, transformations, powerups and art are far more important. I dont have a problem with that, actually i prefer it but Im trying to make a point. Obviously they need somewhat of a decent story if they wants fans to stay but expecting some death note level story is wrong.

Of course we'll never get dragon ball told like death note or Jojo. It's just fans are upset and kind of upset for the wrong reason that this plot hole was thrown into super that Vegito can defuse and the potara was never permanent so the last 20 so years was like a lie to them.

But it is dragon ball and akira toriyama is known to pull stuff out of his butt or just go along with it.

{Edit: Please refrain from excessive quoting.. I edited your post for you. ~ Psycho 101}
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:30 am Reply with quote
Punisherrr wrote:
Db is when story was important.

Not it wasn't plots in DragonBall were as simple and straightforward as they were with everything else that came after and after the first arc ended it became a typical shonen battle manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1