• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Licenses Sleeping Beauty Manga by Bunny Drop's Yumi Unita

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Sounds interesting, I'm in.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Can she make this better than the violent plane crash that was bunny drops' ending? I'll wait and see.
Northlander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:59 pm Reply with quote
That said (and to be fair), before said crash 'n burn, Bunny Drop was goddamned brilliant. Especially before the time skip.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Northlander wrote:
That said (and to be fair), before said crash 'n burn, Bunny Drop was goddamned brilliant. Especially before the time skip.

Yeah I completely agree with that which is why I only specified the ending. The pre-time skip was nothing short of perfection, no complaints here bout that.
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:25 pm Reply with quote
I share everyone's apprehension, but this is a completely different genre, so hopefully it will also be less squicky? Nah, this is definitely a "wait for reviews" title.
Northlander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:15 am Reply with quote
I wonder if Unita is going to fall prey to failing to overcome her own hurdle. And I don't mean the ending, but the quality and the feeling the first four volumes gave people, where they read about a mildly overworked and cynical bachelor who suddenly found himself responsible for the upbringing of a little girl.

Like, I read Amanchu, and I sort of immediately judged that against Aria, which is my second favorite manga (and favorite anime) of all time. Presumptuous to say, but Aria is my own perfect show. Anyway, Amanchu kind of falls into that "it's good, but not as good as Aria" trap that is kind of an unfair comparison to make.

Bunny Drop (sans ending) is also one of those special once-in-a-lifetime manga that you might not ever read anything like again, at least not from her.

Also Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, Natsume's Book of Friends or Yotsuba. Big hurdles for someone to move on to something else from.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1