• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Case Closed DVD 2.1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:05 am Reply with quote
And the series just keeps falling and falling into averageness. I bet in 2 years no one will even care about this series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kiyomaro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:52 pm Reply with quote
These episodes are part of the first season,not the second.
skyechan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:14 am Reply with quote
Mr.Shonen wrote:
And the series just keeps falling and falling into averageness. I bet in 2 years no one will even care about this series.

Tell that to the Japanese. Looks like it'll be around at least that much longer over there...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:23 am Reply with quote
It's been years since I last watched Conan, one of the things about this series is that it doesn't have much replay-value for me, since once I'm aware who the murderer is and the methodology that he/she used, all the fun and thrill that kept me on the edge of my seat is gone when replaying it.

I remember stopping around episode 120 or something, so I'll wait for a release past that point.
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:51 am Reply with quote
skyechan wrote:

Tell that to the Japanese. Looks like it'll be around at least that much longer over there...

Japan has an incredible fortitude for enjoying the same type of show for a long period of time; big shounen pieces, generic shoujo, or even harem and detective oriented material. Just look at how popular the doujin world is, even with old material like Evangelion. I would surmise this tolerance to be cultural, since Westerners are particularly hostile to imitations of popular shows.
roujin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:46 pm Reply with quote
My favorite episodes of Conan are usually either the ones with Kaitou Kid ( which haven't been released yet) with Hattori Heiji and other episodes which serve to advance the plot. It's a fun show but I truly start to love it when it breaks from its weekly mystery formula.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1