• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Voice Actor Kensho Ono Confirms Relationship With Kana Hanazawa

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:47 pm Reply with quote
WTF! Yuya and Sera are in a relationship. This really is the dark side of dimensions for fans.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Well this is going to get real ugly real fast. Hanazawa is an otaku icon so her fans aren't going to be happy with this.

It's silly, of course. They're free to persue happiness with each other as they see fit, but that's the sad truth of the industry.
Flare-kun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:00 pm Reply with quote
I've always found this aspect of Japanese fandom really distasteful. I mean, granted, Western paparazzi are probably just as bad as far as vultures go. But I think it's wrong for Japan's talent agencies to treat their clients like things with no right to relationships or happiness if it spoils fans' objectification delusions toward said actor/actress/idol.

I know that's obviously not always the case, but I find it incredibly disturbing how these agencies seem to be encouraging and propagating obsessive behavior toward their clients. It's no surprise there are such high rates of attacks and credible threats towards young Japanese entertainers. These two 27-year-olds shouldn't have to hide a relationship in the first place, and they definitely shouldn't have to apologize after the cat's out of the bag.
GNX903VSBrave

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Power couple alert!

Hopefully the crazies stay away, but I doubt it sadly. Maybe invest in a nice security system?
boznia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Wow, two well-known voice actors dating. Good for them. Hopefully the nutters keep themselves in check.
Stubbenz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Good for them. Here's hoping fans don't start the usual witch-hunt; I know it's only a tiny minority, but it's still creepy seeing people act as if celebrities living their lives is somehow a betrayal.
harminia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Good for them and so on. I just hope they don't get heaps of drama from this. Especially not 4 days before Kanahana's birthday
smokeyjoey8

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Aw jeez. It's one thing for them to date, but living together? The crazed otaku's are going to lose their shit, and the agencies will probably react just as poorly (if they didn't already know). I hope this won't have an effect on either of their work. I love Kana Hanazawa's voice, and I'd hate to hear less of it just because she's a human doing human things. Hopefully this all turns out okay.
xotaku4lifex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy for them!! But of course, with the way some fans are, there might be some backlash Sad Hopefully, whatever comes at them, they can get through it together! They're people too so I'm in support of their relationship.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:39 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
WTF! Yuya and Sera are in a relationship. This really is the dark side of dimensions for fans.

Well heck, in the English-speaking world, Colonel Mustang married the Homunculus he burned to death and not the girl's roommate that he saved.

So yeah, let people date who they want to date. Only true weebs would actually have a problem with this.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:47 pm Reply with quote
smokeyjoey8 wrote:
Aw jeez. It's one thing for them to date, but living together? The crazed otaku's are going to lose their shit, and the agencies will probably react just as poorly (if they didn't already know). I hope this won't have an effect on either of their work. I love Kana Hanazawa's voice, and I'd hate to hear less of it just because she's a human doing human things. Hopefully this all turns out okay.

Kana Hanazawa is literally the busiest voice actor/actress in all of anime, even more than Monica Rial - she has like 20 major anime roles A YEAR. Taking a break can't do her harm. And besides, if they do get hitched, they'll probably do what most people do and just go for higher-paying jobs. I highly doubt she will retire.
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this won't lead to any unstable individuals making threats or worse either Ono or Hanazawa but who knows if thing else best of luck to the happy couple.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Congrats. A true fan of them would support this couple. Gemnist, Mustang killed Lust before Travis and Laura married. Still, that has to be kind of awkward in retrospect.
NicoleNippah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Really happy for them , I would be very glad to see a romance anime were they are the main couple Smile
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:58 pm Reply with quote
This intensifies when they are both cast in the same anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4