• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Live-Action Ghost in the Shell's Cast Discusses Film at World Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flare-kun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Really excited for this. Hope it's good! And for those hung up on the casting, it's got Beat Takeshi, for goodness' sake! A true Japanese cinema icon! And he was allowed to speak in Japanese so he didn't have to butcher his performance! Honestly guys, you have no idea how hyped that last news got me. His Zatoichi is one of my favorites.
diamoundheadx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:24 pm Reply with quote
my gut tells me this is going to be bad
FLCLGainax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:27 pm Reply with quote
What? He's gonna be subtitled in this movie? Couldn't they just have had him mouth English and dub him over with an anime VA like Michael McConnohie or his actor from the dub (William Knight)?

Not that I'm complaining, but if he has lots of dialog it's going to be a chore to have to divert one's attention to subtitles when hearing mostly English up until that point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1