• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shūzō Oshimi's Inside Mari Manga Gets Live-Action Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:05 am Reply with quote
The girl playing Yori is too good looking. The actress should be a bit chubby and dumpy, but instead they hired a pretty girl and put her in dorky glasses.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:07 am Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
The girl playing Yori is too good looking. The actress should be a bit chubby and dumpy, but instead they hired a pretty girl and put her in dorky glasses.

The term to be applied is "Hollywood Ugly" where even if you ask for a "homely" looking character the actress that ends up with the role still looks like a model.
Galap

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:07 pm Reply with quote
I usually don't read manga but I just read this one and really liked it. Of course the kind of adaptation I'd like to see woul be an anime but oh well.

I really liked the manga character designs for this, so it would be great to see them animated. there would be some great character animation moments as well.
mixedfish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Looks like this is going to be another forgettable adaptation missing the only saving grace for the manga series: the raw human darkness. Without that, it is a cheap story with a bullcrap twist.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1