• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Release Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches on Home Video in July

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:24 am Reply with quote
Old knowledge, but nice to know the release date. Now we only need to know who's dubbing it (probably Bang Zoom).
K_Yatogami

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:59 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Old knowledge, but nice to know the release date. Now we only need to know who's dubbing it (probably Bang Zoom).

I hope it's bangzoom. I wonder who the cast will be? Robbie daymond and Cherami Leigh have been in EVERYTHING lately. I hope Johnny is in this.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:25 am Reply with quote
#869149 wrote:
Gemnist wrote:

I hope it's bangzoom. I wonder who the cast will be? Robbie daymond and Cherami Leigh have been in EVERYTHING lately. I hope Johnny is in this.

I'm actually hoping Cherami Leigh is Urara, given that the character's design is based on Lucy, and Daymond could maybe be Miyamura. If Bang Zoom does it, JYB will most certainly be Yamazaki, just because of the Jun Fukuyama connection.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:46 am Reply with quote
Was never interested in this series. That being said I hope that there will be more than one listing per month when it comes to this deal in the near future.
diamoundheadx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:49 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:

why would bang zoom dub it it obviously going to be funi who dubs it
joe_g7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:50 am Reply with quote
Oh this is nice, I liked the anime.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:55 am Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:
Was never interested in this series. That being said I hope that there will be more than one listing per month when it comes to this deal in the near future.

I think they are trying to focus on newer shows with this deal and dig back into the older title catalogs as they have time. Just a guess though

Furthermore this article doesnt even say if it will have a dub with it (it needs one though).
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Zoneflare wrote:

I think they are trying to focus on newer shows with this deal and dig back into the older title catalogs as they have time. Just a guess though

Furthermore this article doesnt even say if it will have a dub with it (it needs one though).
Yea it doesnt say it will be dubbed or not. But if you think back to around last summer when Crunchy annouced they were starting to dub shows this one was amongst those they listed to be dubbed. You can find the list here: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-01/crunchyroll-to-dub-release-anime-on-bd-dvd/.103876
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:43 am Reply with quote
diamoundheadx wrote:
Gemnist wrote:

Crunchyroll is the true licensor, and as seen with Mob Psycho 100 and Berserk 2016, they're letting Bang Zoom handle everything.
diamoundheadx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:44 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
diamoundheadx wrote:
Gemnist wrote:

Crunchyroll is the true licensor, and as seen with Mob Psycho 100 and Berserk 2016, they're letting Bang Zoom handle everything.

what are you talking about mob was done by funi it was one of their broadcast dubs last fall obviously [url][quote]
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:02 pm Reply with quote
[quote="diamoundheadx"]
Gemnist wrote:
diamoundheadx wrote:
Gemnist wrote:

what are you talking about mob was done by funi it was one of their broadcast dubs last fall obviously [url]
Quote:

No funimation got the streaming rights from crunchyroll but bangzoom did the dub for both.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1