• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Stan Lee & Studio Deen's The Reflection Superhero Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Stop wasting time with other stuff and gives us konosuba 3 studio deen.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Thank goodness CR got this. This is one less show I can worry about. Now if they could just get Welcome to the Ballroom and Shoukoku no Altair before Amazon could, I'll be happy.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Woah, it's is a early for this announcement, I suppose Crunchy is still shell-shocked after amazon grabbed so many good shows form under their noses for the Spring season.
paulchaested

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
Thank goodness CR got this. This is one less show I can worry about. Now if they could just get Welcome to the Ballroom and Shoukoku no Altair before Amazon could, I'll be happy.

THIS. If CR can at least secure these two shows, I'll be a happy man.

EDIT: Actually if they can get Kakegurui Compulsive Gambler as well that'd be great. The manga is so damn entertaining.
ShounnickMD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:37 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:

Lol, nah.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:51 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
Woah, it's is a early for this announcement, I suppose Crunchy is still shell-shocked after amazon grabbed so many good shows form under their noses for the Spring season.

It is still not as early as their announcement over a month ago that they will have The Ancient Magus' Bride TV series this autumn.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:46 am Reply with quote
Does anyone else think that the character looks like the current Cyclops? Makes sense since Lee created both.
gpanthony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:33 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Does anyone else think that the character looks like the current Cyclops? Makes sense since Lee created both.

Was just going to mention that... though I think the "current" current Scott is the younger time displaced version...if I'm not mistaken.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:30 am Reply with quote
If you've seen the last half-dozen of Stan Lee's comic book creations, you'd be much less enthusiastic about this production. I'm still reeling at how bad Soldier Zero, Starborn, and The Traveler ended up being.

ultimatehaki wrote:

Yeah, 'cause it's the animation studio itself that has ultimate control over whether another season of a light novel adaptation is getting made. Rolling Eyes
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:27 pm Reply with quote
gpanthony wrote:
Gemnist wrote:

Was just going to mention that... though I think the "current" current Scott is the younger time displaced version...if I'm not mistaken.

Well, the regular adult Cyclops (who I was referring to) just died. The displaced one is still alive. I guess that's the confusion.
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:08 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
If you've seen the last half-dozen of Stan Lee's comic book creations, you'd be much less enthusiastic about this production.

Yeah, I have *not* been impressed by the previous Japanese/Anime adaptions of Lee/Marvel franchises. I'm not holding my breath for Reflection. Boku no Hero Academia aside, it's not at all clear that Japan 'gets' American superhero tales.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1