• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Extella Game's Switch Version Previewed in Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
louis6578

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:38 pm Reply with quote
You know, I get that fanservice is (sadly) a huge selling point over in Japan, but they could at least show off some male servants. All the ones given speaking roles for this ad are female.
Arakiba

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:35 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
You know, I get that fanservice is (sadly) a huge selling point over in Japan, but they could at least show off some male servants. All the ones given speaking roles for this ad are female.

I can't watch the ad since in the United States, so maybe it shows more than I expect, but as the three main characters are all female, it isn't surprising they'd get top billing and it focused on them.
louis6578

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Arakiba wrote:
louis6578 wrote:

I can't watch the ad since in the United States, so maybe it shows more than I expect, but as the three main characters are all female, it isn't surprising they'd get top billing and it focused on them.

I mean, in the background you can see Lancer and a few other servants, but in the foreground, it's all the three main characters. Like, the fate series is about more than just fanservice. Why not show that off to prevent people from getting the wrong idea?
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:53 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:

I mean, in the background you can see Lancer and a few other servants, but in the foreground, it's all the three main characters. Like, the fate series is about more than just fanservice. Why not show that off to prevent people from getting the wrong idea?

Extella sure as hell ain't though.
louis6578

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
louis6578 wrote:

Extella sure as hell ain't though.

You know, they should make a good Fate/franchise game for a console that's an open-world RPG of sorts, like Fate/Extra, where you can pick your own servant, fight a holy grail war, etc. The Fate franchise would thrive with the right creative minds behind an adventure game.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:36 am Reply with quote
Arakiba wrote:
I can't watch the ad since in the United States...

We embedded both the original official video in the article, which is blocked in the US, as well as a region-free reupload. You can watch the second video we embedded in the article.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1