• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: English-Subtitled Last Exile Anime Moves to Crunchyroll

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeniusDevil

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I think there is some confusion as the original Last Exile was never released on BluRay but the follow up Fam The Silver Wing was
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:07 pm Reply with quote
GeniusDevil wrote:
I think there is some confusion as the original Last Exile was never released on BluRay but the follow up Fam The Silver Wing was

Yup. Sadly. It was once briefly planned I remember before it disappeared with no explanation.

Japan got one so I wish they'd do one for us too, I'd buy it day one like the Fam sets since the first is one of my all-time favs.
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:04 pm Reply with quote
It's been long time since I saw this one when it aired on Sci Fi (??) or that gaming channel, (I'm getting old y'all Laughing )

Either good time to rewatch and finish this series. It'll be first time watching it subbed too...
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Still not a fan of these decisions. I like Funi's player way more than CRs, although Daisuki has them both beat in that that I can get HD by default.

Watch somebody bring up that VRV stuff again. Rolling Eyes
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:38 pm Reply with quote
princess passa passa wrote:
It's been long time since I saw this one when it aired on Sci Fi (??) or that gaming channel, (I'm getting old y'all Laughing )

Either good time to rewatch and finish this series. It'll be first time watching it subbed too...

I saw it first on TechTV/G4techTV as well...14 years ago. Damn. I enjoyed it greatly, and I've have to get around to watching it again.

@Lynx Amali you can actually get HD by default for CR. In settings, under video preferences, Default Video Quality is the first item. I don't know about Funi's but one could probably find that in the settings as well.

I prefer CR over Daisuki, as Daisuki is probably the only streaming service for anime that does not have a Roku app, which is my preferred way to watch stuff (Daisuki does have a phone app though).
stevek504

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:28 am Reply with quote
Yet another anime that I saw from the very first as a dub. Thought it was very good and never looked back. I may take a look at this just to see what the sub is like...
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:20 am Reply with quote
Shame that it is not dubbed, the dub for this was very good, then again most of Geneons dubs were.
John Thacker

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:48 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Shame that it is not dubbed, the dub for this was very good, then again most of Geneons dubs were.

It is dubbed, just the dub is staying with Funimation. The long term goal appears to be all dubs on Funimation, all subs on Crunchyroll.

They also moved over Overlord, Death Parade, Freezing, and High School DxD BorN
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:24 am Reply with quote
John Thacker wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

They also moved over Overlord, Death Parade, Freezing, and High School DxD BorN

But they didn't move over Dragonar Academy, which was one of the titles ANN had listed for that day:
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-05-17/english-subtitled-death-parade-the-rolling-girls-more-move-to-crunchyroll/.116223

IMO, Last Exile was a good trade.

It will be interesting to see if any of the titles in that article slated for today are changed.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:36 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
princess passa passa wrote:
It's been long time since I saw this one when it aired on Sci Fi (??) or that gaming channel, (I'm getting old y'all Laughing )...

I saw it first on TechTV/G4techTV as well...14 years ago. Damn. I enjoyed it greatly, and I've have to get around to watching it again.
Wow, G4/TechTV isn't something I've heard mentioned in a decade, good memory! Takes me back...While I have most of the original Geneon release on DVD, I am missing the first so I'ma watch this on Funi again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1