• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Animation Project for Vivaldi's The Four Seasons to Also Open Crowdfunding on Kickstarter

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, interesting. A bit high brow for a scrub like me, but I'm a huge Ann Yamamoto/Pied Piper fan having gone through the Skip Beat! Kickstarter campaign. This is something I think I'd contribute to.
atyamamoto

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for your words of support! It means the world to me^^

Pied Piper's mission is to find hidden gems and give them the chance to shine. The animation artists involved in this project are all established artists, and can hardly be called "hidden gems." But their work is very personal, and their audiences tend to be confined to film festivals, and occasional media splashes like when Yoji Yamamura and Theodore Ushev were nominated for Oscars.

They are approaching animation less as commerce and entertainment, and more to discover animation's potential as "art." Which opens a big can of worms -- what is art?!? I think art is deeply personal for each of us, but we all benefit when artists are able to do their best work.

I want to see if there are new ways to bridge the gap between artists and audience. So this project is an experiment!

Ann/Pied Piper, Inc.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:03 am Reply with quote
Putting it on Kickstarter perhaps should have been done from the start since you could easily break even fairly quicker on the pledges. Given Pied Piper's success with "Skip Beat" being dubbed, it just might go past breaking even.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1