• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: One Piece Lottery Could Be 100 Fans' Big Musical Break

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly but having 101 people sing a 5 minutes song sounds pretty chaotic.

I hope the adapt the Ace or Enel side story but if I were a betting man I'd guess the recent Jinbe one.
TokyoSplash

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Man this is the second time I've heard that One Piece is giving its fans a chance to become stars and get their 'big breaks'.

If I remember correctly, the first time was at an event in Japan that both Oda and Togashi attended. The fans there got their screams of excitement recorded and used in a episode of One Piece during the Dressrosa arc after spoiler[Luffy beat Doflamingo]. The fans were told they could then make their own imdb pages. As a joke I'm sure but still, imagine being able to say "I was in an episode of One Piece!"

This is just so awesome to see. I know Naruto did this once by giving an American girl her big break in an ending song as well (which is one of my favorite she was fantastic), but seeing One Piece do this consistently is nothing short of amazing. Fan involvement at its finest. I'm so happy this is being done by one of my favorite series.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly but having 101 people sing a 5 minutes song sounds pretty chaotic.

I hope the adapt the Ace or Enel side story but if I were a betting man I'd guess the recent Jinbe one.

Not only that, they're picking the singers at random, so it's likely going to sound awful as it'll be full of uncoordinated, inexperienced singers. Having even a few bad singers in a large group makes the whole thing sound awful.

As for the side stories, yeah, Ace and Enel would be some pretty good picks, but the one I'd want to see the second-most, after Enel's, is Gedatsu's. "Silly Gedatsu! The sandwich doesn't go in your ear!" If they choose Jinbe's though, they're going to have to have Wadatsumi with it too. I don't know about Japanese fans, but by and large, the English-language fans largely find him annoying.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1