×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Just 4 Days Left to Enter the Pumpkin Carving Contest! • The competition is heating up but there's still time to enter for a chance to win over US$1,000 in anime DVDs and swag! Click to find out how! read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Amazon's Anime Strike Announces Full Summer Lineup, Premiere Dates


Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Radames125470



Joined: 29 Jun 2017
Posts: 14
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:36 am Reply with quote
A tear drop for every single anime on this list that will fade into obscurity and not be given a chance by the worldwide audience.

It happened this season with Grimoire and Re: Creators it'll happen with these shows.

If they're gonna get serious with Anime Strike then they need to start getting much more organized. Their simulcasts NEED to be on time. They still have yet to release subs of episodes of shows that aired a week ago. It's pathetic. They need to get rid of the double barrier. Have it be a $5 service for non prime members and free for prime. They need to also fix their subs as they are simply horrific. Font is off, text is too fast, the person talks with no subs.

It's just a nightmare and people will prefer not giving these shows a chance because of the inconsistency of the product.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adam_Blazar



Joined: 09 Apr 2017
Posts: 11
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:41 am Reply with quote
Most of the ones that Sentai picked up and on Anime Strike have a high chance of being on HIDIVE, so not too worried about that

Most of them are worldwide and as I'm the UK, I'm happy...... just missing out on a few which is a little disappointing but not overly fussed.

I'm really glad that Amazon nearly doubled it's simulcastings compared to Sping
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kougeru



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 5289
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:45 am Reply with quote
Nothing I personally care about except Hell Girl. And even that I will wait...thanks to half of it being recap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Radames125470



Joined: 29 Jun 2017
Posts: 14
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:47 am Reply with quote
Adam_Blazar wrote:
Most of the ones that Sentai picked up and on Anime Strike have a high chance of being on HIDIVE, so not too worried about that

Most of them are worldwide and as I'm the UK, I'm happy...... just missing out on a few which is a little disappointing but not overly fussed.

I'm really glad that Amazon nearly doubled it's simulcastings compared to Sping


What is HIDIVE? Do they at least release their stuff on time? Cause AS leaves a lot to be desired on that field.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DDragonking



Joined: 14 Nov 2014
Posts: 107
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:54 am Reply with quote
Well with Toukan Ranbu there is still a chance that it will be on Crunchyroll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thorfinn



Joined: 14 Dec 2016
Posts: 607
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:56 am Reply with quote
Amazing lineup! The only thing they're missing is Kakegurui. In my eyes they've won this season.

I'm very impressed how they aren't going for cheap trashy light novel adaptations and that they're pursuing either promising manga adaptations or original anime, they have a good eye.

The more money that goes to Japan, the better. The Animeism and Noitamina block exclusive deals are undeniable proof that Japanese companies are getting truckloads of money from Amazon and I could't be happier, especially since that money will hopefully encourage the production of more promising anime like these ones.


Last edited by Thorfinn on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Random Name



Joined: 24 Nov 2016
Posts: 583
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:56 am Reply with quote
Adam_Blazar wrote:

I'm really glad that Amazon nearly doubled it's simulcastings compared to Sping
how did they double? I'm seeing 12 in spring and 14 for summer. Also 3 of those 14 are continuations of spring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Radames125470



Joined: 29 Jun 2017
Posts: 14
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:05 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:

The more money that goes to Japan, the better. The Animeism and Noitamina block exclusive deals are undeniable proof that Japanese companies are getting truckloads of money from Amazon and I could't be happier, especially since that money will hopefully encourage the production of more promising anime like these ones.


How can they win the season when almost all of their things will be widely ignored by the masses, as has happened with AS titles or massively pirated? Or completely unwatchable cause they're simulcast schedule leaves A LOT to be desired. They haven't won anything, they've just upset a heck of a lot of people. This comes from someone with a Prime account as well.

Sure it looks good on paper, until they realize nobody watched their product legally, cause not everyone has AS nor will support it.


Last edited by Radames125470 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Daniel Maister



Joined: 24 Jun 2017
Posts: 14
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:06 am Reply with quote
Jesus CR just got rekt very hard this season ... Press F to pay respects ..... Amazon and Netflix officially got all the hot shows of the summer ! Welp ima still watch those shows but not legally ... Also again my region is fucked ... that new service HIDIVE .. for international fans my ass... Its only select countries from outside US ... ! So i guess they dont want my money Anime hyper Anime hyper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
princess passa passa



Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 262
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:08 am Reply with quote
So, Amazon Strike got three of shows this time; Dive!!, Ballroom e Youkoso and Shoukoku no Altair Evil or Very Mad

I wouldn't be so sad if Ballroom wasn't taken, I really wanted to watch that one...


Last edited by princess passa passa on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dragonrider_cody



Joined: 14 Jun 2008
Posts: 2520
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:09 am Reply with quote
Radames125470 wrote:
Adam_Blazar wrote:
Most of the ones that Sentai picked up and on Anime Strike have a high chance of being on HIDIVE, so not too worried about that

Most of them are worldwide and as I'm the UK, I'm happy...... just missing out on a few which is a little disappointing but not overly fussed.

I'm really glad that Amazon nearly doubled it's simulcastings compared to Sping


What is HIDIVE? Do they at least release their stuff on time? Cause AS leaves a lot to be desired on that field.


HIDIVE is a new streaming site that is basically replacing the Anime Network's online streaming for English speaking territories and Latin America. It has a one simulcast for the summer season so far, and is currently hosting the vast majority of Sentai's dubs, which they are starting to stream before their home video release. It's still in beta, but actually pretty decent. It's a huge step up from TAN, and offers features that other sites don't (like control over subtitle colors, in episode group chat, and exclusive dubs.)

So far, they've been releasing everything on time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#872486



Joined: 24 Jun 2017
Posts: 5
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:15 am Reply with quote
What are the worldwide exclusives anime for territories outside the United States with only Amazon Prime ?

-Ballroom e Youkoso
-Dive!!
-Re:Creators
-Shingeki no Bahamut S2
-Shoukoku no Altair

Am I right ??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thorfinn



Joined: 14 Dec 2016
Posts: 607
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:16 am Reply with quote
Radames125470 wrote:
Their things will be widely ignored by the masses, as has happened with AS titles or massively pirated? Or completely unwatchable cause they're simulcast schedule leaves A LOT to be desired. They haven't won anything, they've just upset a heck of a lot of people. This comes from someone with a Prime account as well.

Sure it looks good on paper, until they realize nobody watched their product legally, cause not everyone has AS nor will support it.


I can assure you that their anime will not be ignored by the masses. They even said in an interview that AS is doing better than their initial projections. They won the season by picking up the most promising anime and best looking anime. Even if no one watches it on AS, the money the invested will still stay on the Japanese side.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
helloworld111



Joined: 30 Jun 2017
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:16 am Reply with quote
RIP to all those shows who will lose their season in the spotlight thanks to Amazon. Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Radames125470



Joined: 29 Jun 2017
Posts: 14
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:24 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
Radames125470 wrote:
Their things will be widely ignored by the masses, as has happened with AS titles or massively pirated? Or completely unwatchable cause they're simulcast schedule leaves A LOT to be desired. They haven't won anything, they've just upset a heck of a lot of people. This comes from someone with a Prime account as well.

Sure it looks good on paper, until they realize nobody watched their product legally, cause not everyone has AS nor will support it.


I can assure you that their anime will not be ignored by the masses. They even said in an interview that AS is doing better than their initial projections. They won the season by picking up the most promising anime and best looking anime. Even if no one watches it on AS, the money the invested will still stay on the Japanese side.


https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurenorsini/2017/05/15/why-anime-fans-arent-falling-in-love-with-anime-strike/#5f7ded911ce8

If you're referring to this article, I would not call this a win at all.

"Even if no one watches it on AS, the money they invested will still stay on the Japanese side." And I'm sure the greedy Amazon is so happy that no one will watch their product on their service.

How about they fix the many issues with the system they have now like a on time simulcast. Cause I can assure you many people dropped their shows this season because of their inconsistencies and utter lack of communication with their costumers.

Quote:
RIP to all those shows who will lose their season in the spotlight thanks to Amazon.


I'd flip that. RIP to all the AS shows, as they will be widely ignored by the masses due to Amazon's utter incompetence in fixing the serious issues with AS.


Last edited by Radames125470 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group