• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Simuldub Tsuredure Children, Convenience Store Boy Friends, Gamers!, My First Gi

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Random Name

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:11 am Reply with quote
Hmm guess I'm ending my funi sub. Off to CR for Tenshi no 3p and hidive for action heroine cheer fruits.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:13 am Reply with quote
Huh. Well, I wasn't gonna watch New Game, but since it has a dub now, it looks like I'll be checking it out after all. Time to see what all the hubbub is about, I guess! Smile

Also, not to be a downer, but if New Game can get a dub already... what's going on with Konosuba and Re:Zero? I've brought this up before, but I feel like we should've heard something about those shows by now, considering how popular they are. Maybe Crunchyroll will say something about that at their expo next month. Confused

@Random Name
Action Heroine Cheer Fruits is a Sentai show, so FUNi couldn't dub that even if they wanted to. Not sure why you're bringing that up.

Last edited by Raebo101 on Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:14 am Reply with quote
Hopefully they can also do season 1 of New Game. Seem kind of awkward to have half sub half dub
Random Name

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:15 am Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:
Hopefully they can also do season 1 of New Game. Seem kind of awkward to have half sub half dub
They are and it will be available before s2
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:09 am Reply with quote
I'm definitely looking forward to the dub of New Game season one and two. Also I can't wait to watch My First Time Gal dubbed because Funimation never disappoints when it comes to fan-service heavy series. Very Happy
Asrialys

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:52 am Reply with quote
lol Checked out My First Girlfriend is a Gal, and barely three minutes into it and I'm wondering how directly they'll dub the big guy's lines about a certain age group of girls...
Vannil

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:16 am Reply with quote
Anyone know if the Lupin the 4th's dub is any good? I really liked Funi's dub of a Woman named Fujiko and wondered if they used the same VAs for that, the old VAs, or a new group?
JRPictures

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:31 am Reply with quote
Vannil wrote:
Anyone know if the Lupin the 4th's dub is any good? I really liked Funi's dub of a Woman named Fujiko and wondered if they used the same VAs for that, the old VAs, or a new group?

It's the old cast members from the dub of Part 2 back together (save for Zenigata's voice actor). Funimation is also only streaming the dub with a delay after it airs on Toonami first, they actually have no other involvement with the show otherwise (Discotek is releasing the show on home video and the dub was produced under Richard Epcar and Ellyn Stern's direction and studio)
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:14 am Reply with quote
Thoughts turn into things. I was just sayimg the other day that Funi should dub New Game! Hajimete no Gal also seemed like it was up their alley, same with Gamers since for some reason i got a D-Frag vibe for that show.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:09 am Reply with quote
Hopefully the dub of Konbini Kareshi lacks the audio issues from the Crunchyroll stream.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:41 am Reply with quote
I could cry! A longtime wish of mine was to see New Game! dubbed and never thought it would happen and it actually has! I just adore the color palette for the show and am a huge sucker for shows with bright pastel color palettes, characters, artwork etc... Thank you so much Funi! <3
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:20 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Funimation added that it will dub the first season of New Game! "in time for season 2."

Funimation didn't add "Notice we didn't tell you when the dub of season 2 will be ready to start." It's still nice though as there are a number of worse shows they could do.... and are doing this season. So this is going to be the first series that gets its first run dub streamed all in one go, like a Netflix series? Took them long enough; "Here's a series you've already seen, one episode a week. Now, watch it again a year or more later.... one episode a week."

Now that I know it's getting a dub, I do have some expectations for My First Girlfriend is a Gal. It probably still won't be the greatest thing in the world... or even billionth; am I underselling this enough?.... but at the very least it shouldn't be boring.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:36 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Quote:
Funimation added that it will dub the first season of New Game! "in time for season 2."

Funimation didn't add "Notice we didn't tell you when the dub of season 2 will be ready to start." It's still nice though as there are a number of worse shows they could do.... and are doing this season. So this is going to be the first series that gets its first run dub streamed all in one go, like a Netflix series? Took them long enough; "Here's a series you've already seen, one episode a week. Now, watch it again a year or more later.... one episode a week."

the first half of season 1 goes up on the site tomorrow, with second half on the 28th, so season 2 probably begins early Aug
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:59 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Animegomaniac wrote:
Quote:

the first half of season 1 goes up on the site tomorrow, with second half on the 28th, so season 2 probably begins early Aug

Which is when most simul-dubs would be starting, around 4-5 weeks after the season premieres. 4 weeks is the usual layover for a simuldub. Funi not giving an exact dates isn't some conspiracy they still have to figure out what they want on their review show and how they want to put things out across a week.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:06 am Reply with quote
It is neat to see New Game! being dubbed. Hopefully this is also a confirmation that it will be released on DVD/BD. And speaking of shows in home video rights limbo, it would be nice if Funimation could also dub and release Amanchu! and This Art Club Has a Problem!.

And I imagine that someone will eventually dub and release Re:Zero; I hope that somebody is Sentai.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2