• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel's Life-Size Sword Features Lights, Sounds

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmpyreanBlaze

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:22 am Reply with quote
Instead of a toy sword, I would've liked a metal replica...
Actar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:14 am Reply with quote
EmpyreanBlaze wrote:

No offense, I'm sorry, but just like with the Dominator replica, I can never understand comments like these.

In addition to it becoming an actual weapon that would be nearly impossible to import unless you hold a license, what good will it do? You can't bring it to cons, you can't take it out in public and it would have zero features other than being a display piece. Swinging it around would risk life and limb, literally.

This offers anime-accurate lights, voice clips and is perfect for you to reenact your favorite scenes from the anime. You can cosplay with it, play with it, display it... The possibilities are absolutely endless and it will provide hours of fun.
EmpyreanBlaze

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:01 am Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
EmpyreanBlaze wrote:

No offense, I'm sorry, but just like with the Dominator replica, I can never understand comments like these.

In addition to it becoming an actual weapon that would be nearly impossible to import unless you hold a license, what good will it do? You can't bring it to cons, you can't take it out in public and it would have zero features other than being a display piece. Swinging it around would risk life and limb, literally.

This offers anime-accurate lights, voice clips and is perfect for you to reenact your favorite scenes from the anime. You can cosplay with it, play with it, display it... The possibilities are absolutely endless and it will provide hours of fun.

Oh I don't know... I like the more realistic look and feel, the ultimate display piece. It's like why people are after real deal. And I can practice swinging it like a real sword! For proper martial arts form stuff of course. Or in the kitchen. Unless it's self-defence...

Just joking, I wouldn't buy it regardless. Unless there's a good promo, plus can be easily transported within reasonable time of course.
otagirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:19 am Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
EmpyreanBlaze wrote:

No offense, I'm sorry, but just like with the Dominator replica, I can never understand comments like these...

I have 5 live blades at home, traditionally forged by Chinese/ Japanese swordmakers. What's wrong with collecting them? They're only dangerous if you are stupid. I practice cutting in the backyard with them sometimes and I can appreciate the work and art behind their creation.

Also I've imported a sword from Canada before (live in UK). It's completely legal as long as the sword has been traditionally handcrafted.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:09 am Reply with quote
There were a few chinese KO replicas that looked very similar to the Excalibur sword used in the Fate Franchise that can still be found if you look hard enough.

I agree that it would be neater to have a read sword, rather then the replica.. especially considering what this is likely to cost.

And for those who talk about legality.. I'm in the USA in a Free state that allows me to get pretty much whatever I want.... just sayin.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1