Forum - View topic
NEWS: Exclusive: B: The Beginning Anime's English Dub Cast Revealed


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GoldCrusader



Joined: 25 Apr 2017
Posts: 953
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:12 am Reply with quote
Nice! Excited for this. Cool that the trend of simultaneous WW releases is starting to be a thing for Netflix. Like that everyone is happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
donhumberto



Joined: 19 Jan 2017
Posts: 389
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:28 am Reply with quote
Can't wait to watch the hell out of this Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marakutanay



Joined: 21 Mar 2017
Posts: 25
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:30 am Reply with quote
Could this be an union dub? Pretty sure John Demita uses an alias for non-union stuff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kadmos1



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 12203
Location: In Phoenix but has an 85308 ZIP
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:30 am Reply with quote
Marakutanay wrote:
Could this be an union dub? Pretty sure John Demita uses an alias for non-union stuff.

There is a thing called "financial core" that allows a voice actress to do union and non-union dubs.

I get that it might be more convenient for the L.A. voice actor/actress talent pool to not do a weekly simuldub like Funi. However, unless the subbed version is also released in the spring, I don't see any justification for a seasonal delay between the sub and dubbed versions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lynx Amali



Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Posts: 1203
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:32 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

I get that it might be more convenient for the L.A. voice actor/actress talent pool to not do a weekly simuldub like Funi. However, unless the subbed version is also released in the spring, I don't see any justification for a seasonal delay between the sub and dubbed versions.


Almost like it says that in the article! Rolling Eyes

Quote:
The anime will premiere on Netflix in spring 2018. When it revealed the anime, Netflix announced that it planned to release all episodes simultaneously worldwide.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kadmos1



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 12203
Location: In Phoenix but has an 85308 ZIP
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:38 am Reply with quote
@Lynx Amali: I am not being sarcastic when I say "thanks for calling me on my ignorance". Let's say this anime debuts 4/1/2018. I think by the time the 3rd or 4th subbed episode is released, that's when the dubbed episodes should start to be released.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marakutanay



Joined: 21 Mar 2017
Posts: 25
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:49 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Marakutanay wrote:
Could this be an union dub? Pretty sure John Demita uses an alias for non-union stuff.

There is a thing called "financial core" that allows a voice actress to do union and non-union dubs.

I get that it might be more convenient for the L.A. voice actor/actress talent pool to not do a weekly simuldub like Funi. However, unless the subbed version is also released in the spring, I don't see any justification for a seasonal delay between the sub and dubbed versions.


I know, what's your point with that? John Demita has appeared in other non-union dubs like HxH or Gundam IBO but either uncredited or under an alias, that's why I said that this could be an union dub since he is using his real name.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zrnzle500
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 04 Oct 2014
Posts: 3434
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:52 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
@Lynx Amali: I am not being sarcastic when I say "thanks for calling me on my ignorance". Let's say this anime debuts 4/1/2018. I think by the time the 3rd or 4th subbed episode is released, that's when the dubbed episodes should start to be released.


Considering they already have the dub cast set six months in advance, I'm guessing that all language versions will come out simultaneously. Netflix always releases everything at the same time, so why would this be any different?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ajc228



Joined: 29 Dec 2015
Posts: 211
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:00 am Reply with quote
I’m very excited to see this and Devilman:Crybaby. Netflix has my money if they keep licensing this kind of content.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MarshalBanana



Joined: 31 Aug 2014
Posts: 3223
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:38 pm Reply with quote
So instead if waiting until after the Japanese broadcast and then releasing it subbed and dubbed. They are going to dub it in advance so they can release it the same time it releases in Japan?

Sounds like a good idea, I just hope the dub isn't rushed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Divineking



Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Posts: 1230
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:27 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
So instead if waiting until after the Japanese broadcast and then releasing it subbed and dubbed. They are going to dub it in advance so they can release it the same time it releases in Japan?

Sounds like a good idea, I just hope the dub isn't rushed.


There is no "Japanese broadcast". The show's going to debut on Netflix and they likely already have all the materials they need for the dub. AICO Incarnation finished production already apparently so it wouldn't surprise me if this was already finished to and we're just waiting on Netflix to finish all the multi-language dubs before release
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bluuumeee



Joined: 23 Feb 2009
Posts: 22
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Marakutanay wrote:
Could this be an union dub? Pretty sure John Demita uses an alias for non-union stuff.


Yeah... the whole union/non-union thing seems weird, to put it mildly. I remember Michelle Ruff and Mela Lee using pseudonyms in the early 2010s- long after they'd established a track record for doing both union and non-union stuff without needing them (the shows in question didn't even have any/much objectionable material). They went to back to using their actual names shortly after. There's also "Johanna Luis", who remained an enigma until Dorothy Fahn herself joined Twitter and spilt the beans. She's open about the work she does under that alias, too, which makes the whole thing more puzzling.

I'm leaning toward this being being non-union (though the title seems to have a fair bit of prestige), so my best guest is that he became ficore only recently. Or maybe he's been ficore for a while and only recently felt comfortable using his real name. I'm hardly in a position to even be making informed guesses about this, though, so take my words with huge helping of salt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kadmos1



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 12203
Location: In Phoenix but has an 85308 ZIP
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:05 am Reply with quote
@zrnzle500: a reason why is because that is how simuldubs have been done with AoA and Funi. Also, Netflix doesn't release everything at the same time. If they did, a summer show like "Kakegurui" would have been available to the USA by now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DangerMouse



Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 3593
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:29 am Reply with quote
Great cast and staff, this looks so damned promising!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zrnzle500
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 04 Oct 2014
Posts: 3434
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:00 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
@zrnzle500: a reason why is because that is how simuldubs have been done with AoA and Funi. Also, Netflix doesn't release everything at the same time. If they did, a summer show like "Kakegurui" would have been available to the USA by now.


I meant they release all episodes and language options at the same time. It is neither a simulcast or simuldub. It is an actual original and will be released as such.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group