• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boruto Anime Reveals New Visual for Upcoming Chūnin Exam Arc

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:33 am Reply with quote
It took a year, but they're finally getting to the movie. Wonder how Boruto Super will look like.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:56 am Reply with quote
Hold my Beer....
LoriasGS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:10 am Reply with quote
This new character shows remarkable forethought on the part on the anime production staff.

Back in May 2016 the Naruto Shippuden anime had a Kaguya flashback, at one point she commented that she was running from 3 people and it showed silhouettes of them. People who had seen Boruto the movie recognised 2 of them as Momoshiki and Kinshiki but we were all confused as to who the 3rd one was. It looks like that it was this 3rd character Urashiki.

This means that the anime production staff had created a new character just for the Boruto anime 40 episodes from the end of Naruto, a year before the Boruto anime even started and who wouldn't appear for another year into the animes run.

Say what you like about the Boruto anime or the end of Naruto but that fact that they foreshadowed an anime-only character 2 years before he would appear, in the sequel to the serious, shows serious planning.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:19 am Reply with quote
He just became a Genin in the last episode, and we’re already going to the chunin exams in the cours after the next one? They certainly aren’t dragging it out like its predecessor.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:24 am Reply with quote
Didn't the Chuunin Exam start around episode 20ish for Naruto? Not following Boruto, but how does that represent they're not dragging it out?
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:46 am Reply with quote
^Ah it happened sooner than I remembered then. Boruto's arcs have generally been shorter than its parent series though. As long as it takes less than 47 episodes, this Chunin exam is likely to be shorter.
Ushio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:51 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
He just became a Genin in the last episode, and we’re already going to the chunin exams in the cours after the next one? They certainly aren’t dragging it out like its predecessor.

Well it only took 15 episodes from Naruto becoming a genin to entering the chunin exams.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:36 am Reply with quote
Well I am so damn ready.
Amaranth Sparrow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:04 pm Reply with quote
LoriasGS wrote:
This means that the anime production staff had created a new character just for the Boruto anime 40 episodes from the end of Naruto, a year before the Boruto anime even started and who wouldn't appear for another year into the animes run.

Urashiki was created by Kishimoto for the Boruto movie, but had to be cut from the film due to time constraints. All they're doing here is incorporating everything from his original drafts.
tintor2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
zrnzle500 wrote:

Well it only took 15 episodes from Naruto becoming a genin to entering the chunin exams.

Apparently this arc will begin in Spring so there is still room for one or two story arcs involving Boruto's team
UncouthFive

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:59 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to see Mitsuki's backstory episode. If you've read the one-shot, then you probably know what we all want to see.
LoriasGS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Amaranth Sparrow wrote:
LoriasGS wrote:

Urashiki was created by Kishimoto for the Boruto movie, but had to be cut from the film due to time constraints. All they're doing here is incorporating everything from his original drafts.

Ah that makes sense then. I thought it was a bit odd.
LoriasGS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Didn't the Chuunin Exam start around episode 20ish for Naruto? Not following Boruto, but how does that represent they're not dragging it out?

It's taken more episodes but Boruto started at a much earlier time period than Naruto did. So far the Boruto anime has been about his time at the academy where Naruto started at his graduation.

The time frame of Boruto is a little confusing to be honest. The original series implied that they spent about 5 years at the academy before graduating. They entered when they were around 7 and left when they were around 12.

We have seen him enter and graduate the academy in less than 40 episodes does this mean we've rushed through 5 years of his life or do they enter/graduate at different ages now?

The anime never gives his age or any way of measuring how much time has passed so we can only go on what the original series gave us.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:25 pm Reply with quote
So they’re gonna retell the movie?
FantasticHarmony

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:58 pm Reply with quote
LoriasGS wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

It's taken more episodes but Boruto started at a much earlier time period than Naruto did. So far the Boruto anime has been about his time at the academy where Naruto started at his graduation.

The time frame of Boruto is a little confusing to be honest. The original series implied that they spent about 5 years at the academy before graduating. They entered when they were around 7 and left when they were around 12.

We have seen him enter and graduate the academy in less than 40 episodes does this mean we've rushed through 5 years of his life or do they enter/graduate at different ages now?

The anime never gives his age or any way of measuring how much time has passed so we can only go on what the original series gave us.

I think that because they are in a peace time, they start going to the academy around 10,11,12 instead of around 6 or 7 as they did in Naruto, The leaf village also seems to be the only village doing this, because in the Mist village they seem t start training earlier as well as stay in the academy longer. I also think that the anime is going through time faster than we are seeing it, if that makes sense.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2