• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Ghoul:re Anime's Main Staff Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:15 am Reply with quote
So, studio perriot is getting this?? Not that I care what studio (studios usually never matter to me). I just hope it's 25 episodes because they have MORE than enough material to cover!!
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:32 am Reply with quote
this will be shit AGAIN!
tentensan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:56 am Reply with quote
Studio Perriot got this. I was hoping for some other studio but now I know this will be a hot mess. I mean, they could prove me wrong but then again, they always tend to go below my expectations even when I have none. Confused
joe_g7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:33 am Reply with quote
I might be putting the bar high, but don't fudge it up this time Pierrot!!
louis6578

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:56 am Reply with quote
Oh good! They're giving Tokyo Ghoul another sho-

Oh... it's a sequel. They're going with the anime continuity that already RUINED most of the manga. How... exciting. -.- Well, this is one of those "I won't watch it until I hear if it's good" type shows.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:23 am Reply with quote
I didn't hate Root A like most of you, but even I'm hoping that this turns out better as an adaptation.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:35 am Reply with quote
I'll be watching this solely because Atsuko Nakajima is involved. She's one of my favorite artists.
Dian Z

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:36 am Reply with quote
I honestly haven't seen root A in its entirety, but skipping to its last episode, which is grand imo, kinda makes me feel like it could be one of my favorite.

Natsuki Hanae as Kaneki Ken, so it's confirmed he'll make an appearance (or be the mc again?)

*haven't read the source material.
AnimeFan1994

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:48 am Reply with quote
tentensan wrote:
Studio Perriot got this. I was hoping for some other studio
One studio animated both versions of fullmetal alchemist and it turned out fine. The studio is not the problem here, the production committee might not see the anime project as something worth investing in fully.
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:52 am Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
I'll be watching this solely because Atsuko Nakajima is involved. She's one of my favorite artists.

Same here. Honestly if she wasn’t involved, I wouldn’t have gone anywhere near to watch this.
Merxamers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:13 am Reply with quote
So the director for this was the assistant director to Super Lovers and Valkyrie Drive? Interesting.... part of me asks why, but maybe this'll be his big opportunity to branch out of exploitation shows
SkerllyFC07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:27 am Reply with quote
AnimeFan1994 wrote:
tentensan wrote:
One studio animated both versions of fullmetal alchemist and it turned out fine. The studio is not the problem here, the production committee might not see the anime project as something worth investing in fully.

Neither I have faith on this bullshit overrated series. Some who tells me in paragraphs how good the manga is? Cause I´ve heard people telling me it´s trash. No one has told me how good it is. YOu know something´s wrong when a reader tells you why Land of the Lustrous´manga(a less popular source) is good. I don´t wanna read 10+ volumes of this to know why it´s good or bad. I wanna know it BEFORE I read it. That´s what the anime fans should be for.

Last edited by SkerllyFC07 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:28 am Reply with quote
An assistant director to a BL/GL show is now directing an anime adaptation of a horror manga spin-off? Talk about versatility,
tentensan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:36 am Reply with quote
AnimeFan1994 wrote:
tentensan wrote:

Hmm, good point, but some of the recent series they got did terrible in their hands. I just hope I'll be proven wrong. Tokyo Ghoul Re: isn't a bad series in my opinion. I have seen much worse. Much, much worse.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:11 am Reply with quote
Merxamers wrote:
So the director for this was the assistant director to Super Lovers and Valkyrie Drive? Interesting.... part of me asks why, but maybe this'll be his big opportunity to branch out of exploitation shows

He also directed the Shikamaru Hiden arc of Shippuden this year, that's probably what convinced them to put him in the director's chair.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2