• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A Couple Of Thoughts On Some Anime Series

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Believe it or not,this isn't the only anime site I go to. There is another site I've registered to and that's called Akemi's Anime World. I recommend you guys go there. It's a great site,though it's not as active as it once was. In the forums,I'd have these posts in which I just write down whatever I thought on a certain subject. I thought I might try that here. (Cue high pitched screams along with unbelievable booing,) Well,guys. Give it a try. You might like it. And now,with no further ado,let's do this.

Thought #1:Well,I've seen a little of "Beyblade Burst Evolution" and I like what I've seen so far. But there are a couple of questions I have. Why did they split everyone else up to have them go overseas? Why couldn't they have formed a beyblading team in Japan? I think that would have made a lot more sense than doing this. But,hey. I'm not among those who are doing this show. I noticed that there's a beyblading team they have in Spain called BC Sol. To me,it brings to mind European soccer leagues.
Hopefully,we'll see the American team soon. From what I've figured out and one quick view in one episode,one of the American teams was called the New York Bulls. Personally,I hope that there's a Canadian player or Canadian-born player on one of the American teams. To me,I think that'd kind of honor the Canadians who do the English voice acting in this show. If I were doing an American version of "Beyblade,"I'd have a Canadian-born character in there along with having a Japanese immigrant or a Japanese-American on the show. I also hope that most of the Americans on the American team in this show are nice guys. I'd really like that. A lot.

Thought #2:I recently saw the episodes of "Pokemon Sun & Moon" in which Ash returned with his Alolan friends to see his home region of Kanto. While it was great to see Brock and Misty back after all this time,I do have some criticisms. Like,they didn't see many of Ash's other pokemon,like his Charizard. I'd love to see how it would have compared to Kiawe's Charizard. And,along with that,some of the dub names in this show. Have you guys heard these names? Names like Gladion or Ulolu. To me,these and some others on this show sound like they have that just got off the spaceship from Alpha Centauri vibe to them.
Also,I've heard that there are those who see a romantic relationship between Ash and the three main girls who are in his school,Lana,Mallow,and Lillie. I don't think I see that. None of them in the show have done anything or have shown anything outside of have a platonic relationship with him. Unlike with Misty or Serena,who have shown that they may want to be something more than just Ash's friend. Well,at least we got a great pokemon battle when Misty,Lana,and Mallow went up against each other. I only wish we could have seen Serena and Misty in a pokemon battle on the show. I'd have loved to have seen that. Two of Ash's main girls duking it out in a pokemon battle over who'd get him. Now that would have been something to see,and not just in a fanfiction. Wouldn't you love to see that? I sure would. Very Happy

Thought #3:I hope everyone will forgive me for saying this but I recently did a post on "Yuri!! On Ice" that didn't get any responses. That's disappointing. I'd really like to see a response there,even if it was a negative one. If you have the time and courtesy,drop on by and leave a comment there. I'm not just saying this to toot my own horn. I'm just saying that a few of my posts didn't get any comments there at all. There were those in the Community section on "Samurai Jack" and the "Ghostbusters" 2016 reboot along with the "Yuri!! On Ice" post in the Anime section.
Again,I'm not making this third thought just to say how great I am. No. I put this thought in here because I put a lot of work into those posts and they,at least,deserve some comments,even if they were bad ones. So please,do that. You'll make me happy,and it'll be appreciated. Believe me. It would put a smile on my face if there was a comment on any of those posts. I'd be grateful if you did that and would make me happy as well. Smile

Well,so long for now,guys but I hope to hear from you soon. Bye.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:35 am Reply with quote
I am not really sure that there is much I can help you with in commenting back. The only really kid show I am watching is Puzzle and Dragons, it has been years since I have seen the likes of Pokémon and Beyblades. Maybe I can say stuff on Pokémon, and is that I hold a general frustration towards it that the franchise never allowed itself to let go of Satoshi/Ash, never allowed him to grow up, and focus on a truly new cast (with a new centre). The earliest Pokémon I watched made it pretty clear at building a relationship between him and Misty/Kasumi, but that sort of thing is essentially thrown out the window in almost meaning nothing in the scheme of things.

I liked choices of new animation style for the latest series, but I really don't think I can go back while they still keep 10 year old Ash. I have had personal thoughts in conversation that if they really wanted to do something fresh, then they can keep a Pikachu, but otherwise change the cast that maybe a new girl could replace him as the want to catch em all and win member, and a male character could step into the competitions or whatever it is that the female characters do to be different from him. It is not like the roles should be gender exclusive as far as I think the games like to show, and it is literally frustrating to see the same character not change from 15 years earlier, only the company they keep.

As for Yuri on Ice. Well if you want to discuss a specific series, there is a series discussion thread that you should be able to find, rather than needing to worry about making you own that others are not going onto. But there is also not much specific I can reply to on information about real life skaters involved in the show, as I have little expertise on the topic of figure skating. And don't really care for controversy of the likes that some figure skating movie had plot points similar to a figure skating anime. Yuri on Ice had a lot of interesting themes in it that go beyond just a figure skater being in a slump and getting involved with their coach. Some of my personal favourite were about the interactions with the other skaters, and how the show made sure that the show was about what the community would be like now with the inclusion of social media, and it could get away with what the main couple were.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:20 am Reply with quote
Smile Thanks,DuskyPredator for commenting on this post. Smile You've just made my day simply by commenting at all. You didn't really have to watch "Pokemon" or "Beyblade" recently to have commented. With me,just by commenting,you've made me happy. As for my "Yuri!!! On Ice" post,I have no idea why there are no comments on it. It's a pretty good post and I worked hard on it. I'll take your advice and put a Cliff Notes version in the "Yuri!!! On Ice" section. I thought that my post would attract comments just by it's mere existence. I guess I was wrong. Hopefully,my shortened version in that section might attract more attention.
I appreciate your comment here,DuskyPredator. It's what I like to see and I hope I get more here soon. Thanks a lot! Smile
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:36 am Reply with quote
Well happy to hear that it helped.

In some ways I think that the forums around these parts have been a bit quiet, with some of the episode review comment threads getting some of the larger movement.

Your post seemed well researched, and no response does not mean no one read it, just that there is nothing they can feel like they can add. I think that I can certainly sympathise, there have been commenting on series that few people got involved in. I can be especially shy myself, so I can find it hard to post a response to something especially personal if I can't say something meaningful. Forums don't really allow something like a simple like, so I might try to make more of an effort to respond.
Nate148

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:21 pm Reply with quote
I think this should be in the anime forum as series discussion is for airing right now shows
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Nate148 wrote:
I think this should be in the anime forum as series discussion is for airing right now shows

yes, probably should. When you see something like this you can click the red exclamation mark in the top right corner of the post and report the issue. A moderator will move it if they agree.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
As for my "Yuri!!! On Ice" post,I have no idea why there are no comments on it. It's a pretty good post and I worked hard on it.

No offense, but your original post didn't say anything apart from saying you didn't watch the show, a comment on the Hallmark movie controversy which is a topic long dead and buried and that "they should have a real life American skater", what were people supposed to comment? You claimed you wanted your opinion to "help improve the quality of the show" but how's that gonna happen if you didn't even watch it? It's quite arrogant to believe your completely uninformed opinion could magically "make the show better for the fans". Not to mention that nothing you say in this forums could ever possibly have any repercussion in YOI's future. Your suggestions about Rena Inoue helping with the English dub is as nonsensical as can be. Has it occurred to you that the reason no one commented on that post is that nothing you discussed seemed worthy of comment?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1