Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Takunomi. Anime for HIDIVE Stream




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
angelmcazares



Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 4704
Location: Iscandar
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:43 am Reply with quote
Darn...another shows goes to Strike. Actually no, it is going to HIDIVE. Call me crazy, but I think the Amazon-Sentai partnership is over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
sailorsweeper



Joined: 21 Mar 2014
Posts: 402
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:50 am Reply with quote
Maybe audience annoyance with the lack of on time subs made Sentai change their tune
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Araragifeels



Joined: 06 Sep 2017
Posts: 87
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:59 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Darn...another shows goes to Strike. Actually no, it is going to HIDIVE. Call me crazy, but I think the Amazon-Sentai partnership is over.


If is over then AnimeStrike is going to suffer. They no longer going to have the support to afford anime license rights anymore unless is the scrapped plus HIDIVE most likely won't last long either just like Daisuki who didn't ran that long. Plus recently I have seen news that Amazon have been getting anime license rights for springs themselves without Sentai. Well if it true then after winter season end then their contract ends.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CatSword



Joined: 01 Jul 2014
Posts: 1355
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:10 pm Reply with quote
This is a very good sign. Sentai has a good thing on their hands with Hidive, and Anime Strike has been treating them like shit. I still can't believe an Amazon employee tried to tell me it was Sentai's fault Inuyashiki was late! (That must be in one of their customer service scripts: "When the weebs complain, blame that Sentai company.")
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Greed1914
It's Over 9000!It's Over 9000!


Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 3605
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully, these HIDIVE announcements are a sign that Sentai has moved on from dealing with Amazon. Hidive needs, not just content, but new content, to sustain itself. The relationship with Amazon obviously comes with financial benefits, but outside of that, it wasn't doing Sentai many favors. Every announcement of a Strike exclusive drew complaints, and apparently Amazon deflects blame at Sentai for late episodes. Some people might know better, but I would guess that many customers would take that at face value, and Sentai doesn't need more grief for Strike than it already gets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Araragifeels



Joined: 06 Sep 2017
Posts: 87
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
Hopefully, these HIDIVE announcements are a sign that Sentai has moved on from dealing with Amazon. Hidive needs, not just content, but new content, to sustain itself. The relationship with Amazon obviously comes with financial benefits, but outside of that, it wasn't doing Sentai many favors. Every announcement of a Strike exclusive drew complaints, and apparently Amazon deflects blame at Sentai for late episodes. Some people might know better, but I would guess that many customers would take that at face value, and Sentai doesn't need more grief for Strike than it already gets.


I wonder how Sentai going to compete with Amazon, Netflix, Crunchyroll/Funimation, Aniplex. Sentai won't be able to get any big anime rather scrapped since they will be outbid. I believe they need a new partner in order to stay alive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Greed1914
It's Over 9000!It's Over 9000!


Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 3605
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Araragifeels wrote:


I wonder how Sentai going to compete with Amazon, Netflix, Crunchyroll/Funimation, Aniplex. Sentai won't be able to get any big anime rather scrapped since they will be outbid. I believe they need a new partner in order to stay alive.


I've wondered that, too. Even if they saved up a lot of what Amazon paid for their deal, licensing is expensive, so it wouldn't take long to burn through it if they got into bidding matches too often. As much as I've disliked Sentai's licenses ending up on Strike, I could at least see where it made financial sense since their simulcast offering were pretty meager before.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kadmos1



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 12979
Location: In Phoenix but has an 85308 ZIP
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:39 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Darn...another shows goes to Strike. Actually no, it is going to HIDIVE. Call me crazy, but I think the Amazon-Sentai partnership is over.

I hope it's over. The delay with numerous episodes for Amazon Prime's streaming got annoying. Chika and Mikako in this series makes it a Maki and Sanae (Sakura Quest) reunion of sorts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group