• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: My Boyfriend in Orange GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:18 am Reply with quote
Let's put this one in perspective, Rebecca: when it comes to "problematic romances in firefighting manga", nothing is ever going to beat that time Fire Investigator Nanase fell in love with the arsonist who set the fire her parents died in!
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:25 am Reply with quote
This was a manga I had hopes for but around volume 2, it became clear to me that the heroine was turning in your usual love struck blushy-wushy weak heroine so I dropped it.

Maybe it's because I had too many hopes for this, or that it's just a result of me becoming picky with my shoujo manga or wanting more fresh stories, or whatever, but I dropped it. I'll look out for volume 2's review and see if it improves and then maybe I'll try it again.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:50 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
Let's put this one in perspective, Rebecca: when it comes to "problematic romances in firefighting manga", nothing is ever going to beat that time Fire Investigator Nanase fell in love with the arsonist who set the fire her parents died in!

Ha ha, I'd forgotten about that little subplot! You're absolutely right - I'll take Moe's daddy issues over Nanase's...arsonist love (I couldn't come up with a cutesy way to say that) any day.

@phoenixalia

Of Kodansha's newest shoujo romance releases, only The Prince's Black Poison looks like it won't go that route thus far, and that series has its own problems.
phia_one

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the daddy issues are what made me drop this.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:39 pm Reply with quote
This manga sounds like it would've been much better if it weren't a romance, but a YA story about a family finding a surrogate Big Brother after losing their dad. I could totally see that working as seinen, josei, or even shojo with a more slice-of-life bent, something like Barakamon. Oh, well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1