Forum - View topic
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Game Gets PC Release on February 14




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
elior1



Joined: 02 Feb 2012
Posts: 123
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:33 pm Reply with quote
YES thank you god finally I will be able to play the second game
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zawa113



Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 7323
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Just a fair warning for anyone looking to get into this series, CS1 ends on this incredibly massive cliffhanger, biggest one I think I've ever seen, and you really do need 2 right away. Thankfully, 2's cliffhanger isn't half as annoying (or even a fraction of the size).

So if you've found yourself enjoying 1 so far, just buy 2 to have it ready to go!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
CorneredAngel



Joined: 17 Jun 2002
Posts: 848
Location: New York, NY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:42 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Just a fair warning for anyone looking to get into this series, CS1 ends on this incredibly massive cliffhanger, biggest one I think I've ever seen, and you really do need 2 right away. Thankfully, 2's cliffhanger isn't half as annoying (or even a fraction of the size)


I made the mistake of playing CS1 before Trails in the Sky. Pretty much all of the things that are *SHOCKING* in CS1/CS2 are nothing if you actually started the series where you're supposed to.

Like, would you start reading Harry Potter with a hundred pages into Book 5?

(...yeah, yeah, I know, the Crossbell games.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lynx Amali





PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:39 pm Reply with quote
CorneredAngel wrote:


I made the mistake of playing CS1 before Trails in the Sky. Pretty much all of the things that are *SHOCKING* in CS1/CS2 are nothing if you actually started the series where you're supposed to.

Like, would you start reading Harry Potter with a hundred pages into Book 5?

(...yeah, yeah, I know, the Crossbell games.)


That's incorrect. There's no correct way to play the series. While Sky does set up the greater narrative, you do get a different perspective if you go from CS to Sky to Crossbell, etc. Plus there's still several WTF moments if you play them in release order as well. spoiler[Divine Knights being a thing for one. ] They did state that you can get started at any point.
Back to top
hack5



Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 159
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:37 pm Reply with quote
CorneredAngel wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:
Just a fair warning for anyone looking to get into this series, CS1 ends on this incredibly massive cliffhanger, biggest one I think I've ever seen, and you really do need 2 right away. Thankfully, 2's cliffhanger isn't half as annoying (or even a fraction of the size)


I made the mistake of playing CS1 before Trails in the Sky. Pretty much all of the things that are *SHOCKING* in CS1/CS2 are nothing if you actually started the series where you're supposed to.

Like, would you start reading Harry Potter with a hundred pages into Book 5?

(...yeah, yeah, I know, the Crossbell games.)


I was the same ,was playing CS1 on the vita but stopped to play the later titles in the series I am currently on The Legend of Heroes Zero no Kiseki.When i read the title of this article i practically screamed in joy lol now the only thing I need is the release date for cold steel 3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Asaila



Joined: 01 Jan 2014
Posts: 6
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:57 am Reply with quote
Hello,

As per the back of the collector's edition of Trails of Cold Steel, the game was localized by XSeed and Marvelous USA. The company, from what I can find is not affiliated with NISA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marek1712



Joined: 29 Aug 2007
Posts: 128
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Meanwhile, Ys VIII (localized by NISA) recently got delayed for, like, 3rd time...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group