• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kase-san and Morning Glories Yuri Video Anime Reveals 5 More Cast Members, Drama CD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:25 am Reply with quote
Article title:
Quote:
Kase-san and Morning Glories Yuri Video Anime

Release date:
Quote:
In December, the website posted a video to reveal the anime's debut date of June (6) 9 in theaters in Japan.

Well played.

Trailer looked nice tho.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:48 am Reply with quote
Nice comfy yuri OVA. Looking forward to it.
zensunni

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:08 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Seven Seas Entertainment released Kase-san and Morning Glories on February 28 and Kase-san and Ben-To on May 23. The company published Kase-san and Shortcake on September 12.

Always useful to mention the YEAR when you put dates... those were all in 2017...

The company ALSO published Kase-san and Apron on February 20, 2018, which is pretty impressive, considering it was only about 8 months behind the Japanese publication date. Hopefully Kase-san and Sakura (or Kase-san and Cherry Blossoms if they localize it fully) will be even closer to the Japanese publication date! Then I hope they start publishing Yamada and Kase-san!

So... the anime adaptation is an OVA that's being released in theaters... Um... isn't that called a "movie"?

I wonder how long? I hope it covers the entire manga.
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:47 pm Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:
[...].
I'm guessing that time pressure was behind the insertion of paragraphs from earlier coverage. The free re-run of the earlier "Kase-san" stories on LINEmanga also ended in 2017 although the eTexts of the published books remain available on that platform. The continuation series runs in the print magazine "Wings", each issue of that magazine released in electronic format a little later.

Happy to see that clip again and welcome news that "Sakura" gets a release in Tankōbon, happy that yet another format is utilised in the Yamada to Kase-san universe. Hopefully followed by all of that in various language translations.

I'm guessing OVA was picked because Movie has different connotations and might have raised different expectations.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1