• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Steins;Gate 0 Anime Reveals New Key, Character Visuals

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StarchildStorm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm kind of half surprised they even bothered to include Kaede in the adaptation because I can't remember a single thing she actually does that in any way effects the plot. At least Katsumi has a couple of things she figures into and is briefly playable, plus she was mentioned in the first one which helps.

Sort of curious if Leskinen's English will be any better in the anime. In the game I for real couldn't tell that's what he was speaking at first.
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Let's hope this adapatation is a good one, they've been very hit-and miss. Chaos Head was crap tier, Robotics Notes was preeeetty bad, Sixth Sense was kinda-sorta decent but too much infodumping and nonsense technobabble (and possibly too large cast), Steins Gate has actually been the only real hit.
StarchildStorm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Tenebrae wrote:
Let's hope this adapatation is a good one, they've been very hit-and miss. Chaos Head was crap tier, Robotics Notes was preeeetty bad, Sixth Sense was kinda-sorta decent but too much infodumping and nonsense technobabble (and possibly too large cast), Steins Gate has actually been the only real hit.

I'd disagree with Robotics;Notes being bad. It's not really anything great and it kind of takes too long to get to the plot then has to speed through it once it does, but it has some pretty effective parts and is a pretty breezy sit with some fun characters. It's not at all at the level of Steins;Gate but really I think it just gets hurt from having too much expected of it.

Chaos;Head... Yeah. Granted it's kind of fascinating crap but yeah, it's pretty disastrous. Dunno on Chaos;Child, been waiting until whenever I get around to playing the game.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:50 pm Reply with quote
As strange this may sound, I heard the Robotics;Notes anime was actually a better narrative than the game? I can't say it's good though, but it does feel 'complete' in its own right. It was already rare for an anime series to feel complete without feeling rushed by the time it came out.

I liked the Chaos;Head anime for what it was. The Chaos;Child anime wasn't... exactly good. Occultic;Nine was reaaally rushed, but I can't say it's bad.

Truth be told, I don't think Steins;Gate 0 will be bad, but there's still a chance it won't be nearly as good as the original either.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I will defend the C;H VN. It surely was a journey. Not one I'm interested in re-living any time soon. The Anime was trash.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1