Forum - View topic
Record of Lodoss War's 30th Anniversary Teased With Projects




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Majin Tenshi



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 434
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Oh i would love another anime for Lodoss War. I don't think my wish for a sequel/prequel is possible but perhaps a reboot series or movies would be do well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stampeed Valkyrie



Joined: 10 Aug 2014
Posts: 729
Location: PA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Need more Deedlit and Parn... the rest of it.. MEH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palom



Joined: 16 Apr 2017
Posts: 20
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Majin Tenshi wrote:
Oh i would love another anime for Lodoss War. I don't think my wish for a sequel/prequel is possible but perhaps a reboot series or movies would be do well.


Anime for Lady of Pharis would be nice, or Louie sequels.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rosiero



Joined: 05 Jun 2013
Posts: 52
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Gotta have more Deedlit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kadmos1



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 13012
Location: In Phoenix but has an 85308 ZIP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Majin Tenshi wrote:
Oh i would love another anime for Lodoss War. I don't think my wish for a sequel/prequel is possible but perhaps a reboot series or movies would be do well.

"Grancrest War" is kind of like that considering it takes place in the same world as Lodoss.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palom



Joined: 16 Apr 2017
Posts: 20
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Majin Tenshi wrote:
Oh i would love another anime for Lodoss War. I don't think my wish for a sequel/prequel is possible but perhaps a reboot series or movies would be do well.

"Grancrest War" is kind of like that considering it takes place in the same world as Lodoss.


There is not the same world, just same author.

Lodoss is:
Leyend of Lodoss (Lady of Pharis) -novel, manga
Lodoss (Parn's party) - novel, ovas, anime, mangas (Gray Witch, Demon of Flame, A tale of Deedlit)
Heroic Knight / Holy Knights of Lodoss (Spark's party) - novel, anime, manga.
New Record of Lodoss (still Spark) -novel
Crystania (Pyrotess) -novel, ova, movie
Louie (The Alecrast continent) - novel, anime, manga

Grankrest is a different project.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlueAlf



Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 866
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:28 pm Reply with quote
palom wrote:

There is not the same world, just same author.

Lodoss is:
Leyend of Lodoss (Lady of Pharis) -novel, manga
Lodoss (Parn's party) - novel, ovas, anime, mangas (Gray Witch, Demon of Flame, A tale of Deedlit)
Heroic Knight / Holy Knights of Lodoss (Spark's party) - novel, anime, manga.
New Record of Lodoss (still Spark) -novel
Crystania (Pyrotess) -novel, ova, movie
Louie (The Alecrast continent) - novel, anime, manga


I didn't know Lady of Pharis counted as one of the Legends novels. I'd love to read an English translation of that!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeorgeC



Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 794
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I dunno...

Record of Lodoss War is one of those series I almost wish was remade and I HATE reboots, remakes, and prequels in principle based on the mess I've seen done with these reboots/remakes of many classic series in film and TV!

Obviously, Lodoss did well enough, shabby animation or not across the original OVA series, TV series, and the Crystania spin-offs (my least favorite part of Lodoss War).

The fantasy/adventure/classic RPG genre comes and goes with arterial clogs every so many years. There are a kind of a ton of these shows right now, aren't there?

If they tried to remake Lodoss, I'm afraid it would probably get lost in a sea of shows that are its spiritual descendants.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palom



Joined: 16 Apr 2017
Posts: 20
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:49 pm Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
palom wrote:

There is not the same world, just same author.

Lodoss is:
Leyend of Lodoss (Lady of Pharis) -novel, manga
Lodoss (Parn's party) - novel, ovas, anime, mangas (Gray Witch, Demon of Flame, A tale of Deedlit)
Heroic Knight / Holy Knights of Lodoss (Spark's party) - novel, anime, manga.
New Record of Lodoss (still Spark) -novel
Crystania (Pyrotess) -novel, ova, movie
Louie (The Alecrast continent) - novel, anime, manga


I didn't know Lady of Pharis counted as one of the Legends novels. I'd love to read an English translation of that!


Yeah, I'd love to read an english translation too. Legend of Lodoss has 7 volumes and the fifth one is "The Saint of the Highest God".

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fluwm



Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 339
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:11 pm Reply with quote
TBH I'm not sure there's much appeal for Record of the Lodoss War any more. It plays the D&D tropes *extremely* straight, and is mostly notable for being one of the first fantasy anime to really make a big splash overseas. But, for me at least, by the time Slayers came out the novelty of Lodoss had already worn too thin.

GeorgeC wrote:
Record of Lodoss War is one of those series I almost wish was remade and I HATE reboots, remakes, and prequels in principle based on the mess I've seen done with these reboots/remakes of many classic series in film and TV!


Have you seen Space Battleship Yamato 2199? It's a rare, rare example of the opposite: a remake the improves and elaborates on the original.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kikaioh



Joined: 01 Jun 2009
Posts: 1204
Location: Antarctica
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:41 pm Reply with quote
GeorgeC wrote:
Obviously, Lodoss did well enough, shabby animation or not across the original OVA series, TV series, and the Crystania spin-offs (my least favorite part of Lodoss War).


The original ova had some great animated sequences, with technical skill that still rivals many modern productions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
omiya



Joined: 21 Sep 2011
Posts: 1623
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:49 pm Reply with quote
A soundtrack re-issue would also be good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group