• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sega Ages Project Announced for Nintendo Switch

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitestripe17

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:57 am Reply with quote
Interesting. I’ve never owned any of Segas old consoles, and played almost none of their games. This might finally give me the chance to see for myself what all those fanboys on the internet get so worked up about.
Raikuro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:42 am Reply with quote
Wouldn't the Sega Genesis Classics collection coming at the end of May be a much better deal? Over 50 games for $30... who keeps buying individual releases of Sonic 1 over and over again?

Last edited by Raikuro on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:15 am Reply with quote
Raikuro wrote:
Wouldn't the Sega Genesis Classics collection coming at the end of March be a much better deal? Over 50 games for $30... who keeps buying individual releases of Sonic 1 over and over again?

Maybe it's kinda like when there was a 3D Ages project for Playstation 2, when they actually remade a lot of games.
If they're not just a port of those and actually a new remake, I'd be tempted to buy a Switch solely because of that Phantasy Star,
EastN3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:36 am Reply with quote
Funny how Sega would rather rerelease everything than actually give us new games in these series. I would take one new Vectorman, one new Ristar, one new classic Phantasy Star, or one new Shining Force, over the 15 Genesis collections they release every six months.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:07 pm Reply with quote
EastN3 wrote:
Funny how Sega would rather rerelease everything than actually give us new games in these series. I would take one new Vectorman, one new Ristar, one new classic Phantasy Star, or one new Shining Force, over the 15 Genesis collections they release every six months.

It's not really abnormal when you reconcile the fact that newer entries in series don't tend to be as warmly accepted as the originals. We all remember how not well liked Golden Axe Beast Rider and both episodes of Sonic 4 were. It's less risky to do this tend to throw money into a new sequel to a game they may not be very well liked.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1