• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches BD/DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:33 am Reply with quote
Quote:
On the whole the dub is very strong, with only one character standing out as particularly irritating. In all fairness to Rachel Glass, Maaya Uchida's version of the character is also annoying, we're just more willing to accept a high squeaky voice in Japanese than English.

Speak for yourself, Rebecca. I find high-pitched squeakiness far more irritating in Japanese and a valid reason to switch to the dub. XD
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Well we're both out of luck, belvadeer, because Miyabi is squeaky in BOTH languages. Laughing
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:42 pm Reply with quote
It's a real shame that Kyle Phillips was able to get Newton Pittman and Todd Haberkorn onboard, but he ended up screwing up the most important one: Cherami Leigh playing Urara, given that her character is directly inspired by her. Ah well. I still enjoyed this series pretty well.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
It's a real shame that Kyle Phillips was able to get Newton Pittman and Todd Haberkorn onboard, but he ended up screwing up the most important one: Cherami Leigh playing Urara, given that her character is directly inspired by her.

Maybe they couldn't get a hold of Cherami to audition, or she just didn't fit the character. You never know.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:11 pm Reply with quote
One thing I remember from the manga (never saw the anime) was that the charm power was one of Miyamura and Miyabi's favorites to be under, much to Yamada's annoyance.

Gemnist wrote:
It's a real shame that Kyle Phillips was able to get Newton Pittman and Todd Haberkorn onboard, but he ended up screwing up the most important one: Cherami Leigh playing Urara, given that her character is directly inspired by her.

This isn't something I'd heard about...
-SP-

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
It's a real shame that Kyle Phillips was able to get Newton Pittman and Todd Haberkorn onboard, but he ended up screwing up the most important one: Cherami Leigh playing Urara, given that her character is directly inspired by her. Ah well. I still enjoyed this series pretty well.

Source for the inspiration part, I can't find anything related to this. I also can't see this being a thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1