• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What is the best action to take to "rescue" an anime title?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:57 am Reply with quote
"Rescue" as in getting a company to release the rest of a partially released anime on DVD?

Will starting a Kickstarter to raise money for it help, do you think?

I apologize if this isn't an appropriate topic but I seriously don't know where to turn. But I figured if anyone DOES know, it would be someone at ANN. Anime hyper

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:13 am Reply with quote
That is a tough question, as much as it is interesting. In fact, you should rather forward the question to the license holders you have in mind. But the first thing on your to-do list is to hire a good lawyer. In fact, a lawyer should write your request in the first place, as obviously fandom-motivated amateur letters will very like end up in the paper bin. A professional lawyer will at least give you the airs of someone serious. So better prepare to spend some serious money.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:10 am Reply with quote
I am pretty sure this was covered in an Answerman column, so you might check through the listing of old columns. Just be prepared to do some scrolling/digging. Might take a few minutes.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:06 pm Reply with quote
It's really up to the companies that own the rights to the show. There's nothing really you can do without the companies who own the rights wanting to do anything the title. Supporting a kickstarter helps if THEY decide to do one. Ultimately though the ball is in their court and there's not much you can do until they decide on something themselves.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:05 am Reply with quote
Thanks for all your input. I passed it to Answerman and I'm going to try the kick-starter. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1