Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll, Funimation to Stream Free! Dive to Future, Lord of Vermilion Anime




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nodz



Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 395
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Yesterday, someone was complaining about the lack of Free, I guess he'll be happy!!!
I hope CR will release Muhyo to Rouji, but as the anime will be released on August, I guess we won't know anything soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alconnow



Joined: 05 Apr 2018
Posts: 81
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
Yesterday, someone was complaining about the lack of Free, I guess he'll be happy!!!


Yeah, the past few days I’ve seen a lot of people complaining about CR not announcing Free. People really should be patient with the simulcast announcements as it’s only just July and there is still a lot of anime that have not been announced for streaming yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HoboSoup



Joined: 06 Aug 2017
Posts: 323
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:03 pm Reply with quote
alconnow wrote:
Nodz wrote:
Yesterday, someone was complaining about the lack of Free, I guess he'll be happy!!!


Yeah, the past few days I’ve seen a lot of people complaining about CR not announcing Free. People really should be patient with the simulcast announcements as it’s only just July and there is still a lot of anime that have not been announced for streaming yet.


People on the internet being patient? Surely you jest.

On a serious note, why were people worried about if Free was going to be picked up or not? Funimation/CR has all the previous Free material to my knowledge. It's a series that pulls in money and viewers so I'd say there was just about a 99% chance of them picking up this new series as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
angelmcazares
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 4303
Location: Iscandar
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:30 pm Reply with quote
HoboSoup wrote:
why were people worried about if Free was going to be picked up or not? Funimation/CR has all the previous Free material to my knowledge. It's a series that pulls in money and viewers so I'd say there was just about a 99% chance of them picking up this new series as well.

I couldn't agree more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
getchman
He started itHe started it


Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Posts: 8667
Location: Bedford, NH
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:14 pm Reply with quote
after Netflix snagged Saiki K season 2, its not unreasonable to be a little apprehensive
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Lord Vaultman



Joined: 03 Mar 2017
Posts: 423
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:42 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
after Netflix snagged Saiki K season 2, its not unreasonable to be a little apprehensive



Pretty much.

Netflix and Amazon have both made it clear they don't really care if another company (funimation/sentai/crunchyroll/etc.) had the original rights to a previous show before its sequel. They are going to purchase whatever the hell they want. What pisses me off more is that it doesn't even appear that netflix wanted to get the English voice actors for Saiki 2 since it's only available in subbed I don't understand why it would be so hard to ask Funimation for this and just share the home video license with them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kadmos1



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 12362
Location: In Phoenix but has an 85308 ZIP
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:15 am Reply with quote
This leaves either Sentai Filmworks, Amazon Prime, Hulu, or HIDIVE to get "Sirius the Jaeger" unless CR announces it Anime Expo 2018. No, Netflix should not get it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
getchman
He started itHe started it


Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Posts: 8667
Location: Bedford, NH
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:13 am Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:

What pisses me off more is that it doesn't even appear that netflix wanted to get the English voice actors for Saiki 2 since it's only available in subbed I don't understand why it would be so hard to ask Funimation for this and just share the home video license with them.


This is a similar situation with Kuromukuro. subbed eps went up first, then a dub was added at a later point. Every netflix show gets a dub, they just don't have one ready yet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Lord Vaultman



Joined: 03 Mar 2017
Posts: 423
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:56 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:

What pisses me off more is that it doesn't even appear that netflix wanted to get the English voice actors for Saiki 2 since it's only available in subbed I don't understand why it would be so hard to ask Funimation for this and just share the home video license with them.


This is a similar situation with Kuromukuro. subbed eps went up first, then a dub was added at a later point. Every netflix show gets a dub, they just don't have one ready yet


I mean that could be it but ever since that show with anything they own the license to they have been having a dub put up at the same time it's really curious and disheartening
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cardcaptor Takato



Joined: 27 Jan 2018
Posts: 1402
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:15 am Reply with quote
Are you really going to have to watch the High Speed and Take Your Marks films before season three or is that just typical anime fandom gatekeeping? If you have to watch the movies, I'll sadly have to skip season three until Funimation releases them, which will disappoint me, since Free is one of the shows I was most hyped for this season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kogamisdad



Joined: 02 Aug 2017
Posts: 6
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Are you really going to have to watch the High Speed and Take Your Marks films before season three or is that just typical anime fandom gatekeeping? If you have to watch the movies, I'll sadly have to skip season three until Funimation releases them, which will disappoint me, since Free is one of the shows I was most hyped for this season.

You could try to watch it, but honestly, going by reports from the early screening, you probably wouldn't know what is going on most of the time or who half of the cast is/why you should care about them and what they're talking about since it's meant as a direct sequel to the four films and intended for those who saw them. Skipping the Timeless Medley movies and just watching High Speed/TYM is probably not a good idea either since one of the new guys this season is even first introduced in those as well. At the least, watching the "new scenes" is more important than they're given credit for, though they're good movies in their own right. Don't know what Funimation was thinking, but considering how they handled the series before, I'm not really surprised, either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group