• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Bloom Into You Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:52 am Reply with quote
Nice. I was hoping Sentai would get this one.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:17 am Reply with quote
I think I'm pretty happy with this. Biggest upside is the potential for an eventual LE release (which would probably be nonexistent with FUNi).
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:24 am Reply with quote
Awww, I was so prepared to watch this on Crunchyroll and maybe see how well it'll rank among other Fall shows like Citrus during the Winter season.

EmperorBrandon wrote:
I think I'm pretty happy with this. Biggest upside is the potential for an eventual LE release (which would probably be nonexistent with FUNi).

That is a possibility. I am quite surprised and glad at some of the titles Sentai put all effort in the Limited Editions like Chihayafuru or Flip Flappers.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:46 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I am quite surprised and glad at some of the titles Sentai put all effort in the Limited Editions like Chihayafuru or Flip Flappers.

Flip Flappers is one of my favorite LEs of recent years. Very pleased with what Sentai has done with some titles that probably wouldn't get that treatment with a different US company.
Tsumikisan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:52 am Reply with quote
I figured it was going to be on Crunchyroll, but since they and Funimation pretty much have their lineups public already I was very worried Amazon would end up getting it (though they at least have a Roku app).

Still, I guess this means I should get a subscription and a Chromecast for this, it sounds and looks very interesting.

The limited edition bluray is a very good point. Sentai's packaging has always been above and beyond when it comes LEs compared to any other company, it would be fantastic if Bloom into You could get one as well, I'm sure it would be beautiful.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:50 pm Reply with quote
HIDIVE gave one-month subscriptions to Anime Weekend Atlanta attendees… so if HIDIVE is where this ends up, I guess I'm cashing that in now.

[Though I'm still not convinced there's enough material in the manga to get to a satisfying ending in one cour. I guess that's always the downside of adapting new manga.]
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Tsumikisan wrote:
I was very worried Amazon would end up getting it

Amazon seems perfectly content with only 2-3 shows from noitaminA and Animeism, and sometimes some other show.
tfwnoymir

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:56 pm Reply with quote
And international fans are screwed over again thanks to Sentai. It's not like I wanted to watch it legally anyways Rolling Eyes

At least it's not Netflix.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Oh come on. I can't even watch this since they still don't have a roku app.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:33 pm Reply with quote
tfwnoymir wrote:
And international fans are screwed over again thanks to Sentai. It's not like I wanted to watch it legally anyways Rolling Eyes

At least it's not Netflix.

I'd say they got a fair amount of regions covered with this. Just about every English-speaking country, plus some European countries on top of that. Always check with your local anime distributors to see what they offer before you resort to piracy.
kotomikun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:18 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Always check with your local anime distributors to see what they offer before you resort to piracy.

Well, what I do is, I check if it's on Crunchyroll; if it isn't and I'm not willing to wait several months to a year for the physical release, I resort to piracy.

Maybe I'm overly stubborn, but one paid streaming service for anime is plenty, and CR still gets the majority of shows so it's the obvious choice. HIDIVE doesn't even have ad-supported free streaming as far as I can tell (a 7-day free trial? really?), and it has a downright painful "how do you do, fellow kids" vibe. And somehow it's still not as bad as Amazon "literally wants to take over the world" Prime, or Netflix, the perpetual hypnosis machine that contains the vast majority of non-anime content while anime is somehow split between four major platforms and several minor ones. And that's not even getting into all the arbitrary region-locking. I don't know why we put up with this nonsense.

Maybe we're jumping the gun, though, and CR will also have this? Either way, I'll find some way to watch it, and it's not going to be signing up for HIDIVE.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:22 pm Reply with quote
I am definitely getting this.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:18 am Reply with quote
Damn. I was hoping Funi would get it since they picked up Citrus before, but it's all good as long as its licensed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1