• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Offers Time Bokan 24 Anime for Digital Purchase

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:36 am Reply with quote
I don't know why Funimation or Crunchyroll did this. "Time Bokan" isn't exactly something Westerners are going to know anything about. It's not going to be a familiar name unlike other anime like "Astro Boy" or "Speed Racer." Even if they gave this an English dub,what would be the point? No one outside of Japan is going to know who or what these characters are. Most Westerners would say,"What the heck is this show?" and "Who are these people?"
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:36 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The first 23 episodes of the 24-episode show are available with Japanese audio. ANN reached out to Funimation about the missing 24th episode, but Funimation did not respond by press time.

Maybe Crunchyroll forgot to give them the 24th episode.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
I don't know why Funimation or Crunchyroll did this. "Time Bokan" isn't exactly something Westerners are going to know anything about. It's not going to be a familiar name unlike other anime like "Astro Boy" or "Speed Racer." Even if they gave this an English dub,what would be the point? No one outside of Japan is going to know who or what these characters are. Most Westerners would say,"What the heck is this show?" and "Who are these people?"

You can say that for a lot anime that was licensed. Some people might look at this and say, "Hey this looks interesting and fun, I might check this out."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1