• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces Fall Simuldub Premiere Dates

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TravellinMatt77

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:15 pm Reply with quote
I hope that Funimation does have more simuldub titles to announce, because I--like many others--am anxiously waiting to see if they are dubbing A Certain Magical Index Season Three Very Happy . I might also check out the second season of Senran Kagura, though.
paulchaested

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:23 pm Reply with quote
TravellinMatt77 wrote:
I hope that Funimation does have more simuldub titles to announce, because I--like many others--am anxiously waiting to see if they are dubbing A Certain Magical Index Season Three Very Happy . I might also check out the second season of Senran Kagura, though.

Funimation tweeted this...
https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1047164038776586240

EDIT:
It seems like they followed up with another tweet saying they're not done with announcements. We'll see if they did pick up Index III.

Last edited by paulchaested on Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
donhumberto

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Much, much better lineup than last season. Pretty much all I want to watch this season that's not Netflix or Amazon prime is getting a simuldub so that's pretty neat.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:13 pm Reply with quote
paulchaested wrote:
TravellinMatt77 wrote:

Funimation tweeted this...
https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1047164038776586240

EDIT:
It seems like they followed up with another tweet saying they're not done with announcements. We'll see if they did pick up Index III.

Ok, good. There have been a few times this year where a show premiered in Japan before the license announcement so it isn't so strange.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Once again the amount of simuldub titles outweighs the number of ADR Directors who're actually capable of putting out quality dubbing work and fitting casting choices on such a quick turn around status.That's always been the biggest flaw of the simuldub mentality since day one here's hoping that every ADR Director brings their A game to the table this time around.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The company also noted that it will have more simuldub titles to announce.

Why you guys gotta keep us in suspense about Index III, FUNi?!

Still, the idea of the sub and dub of an anime airing at the same time is still kinda crazy to me. Both sub and dub fans will be able to converse about a new episode of an anime as it airs, and the fact that that can happen now for certain shows is crazy! And from the looks of things, they might be able to do that for the entire 12-episode run of SSSS.Gridman (which I've been calling "Quad-S Gridman", because who has the time to say the whole actual name out loud).
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:28 pm Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
Once again the amount of simuldub titles outweighs the number of ADR Directors who're actually capable of putting out quality dubbing work and fitting casting choices on such a quick turn around status.

Wholeheartedly disagree with that assessment virtually every single simuldub has been quality since they started doing them.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
Once again the amount of simuldub titles outweighs the number of ADR Directors who're actually capable of putting out quality dubbing work and fitting casting choices on such a quick turn around status.

Wholeheartedly disagree with that assessment virtually every single simuldub has been quality since they started doing them.

Completely correct and as an additional note there are a few ADR Directors who do 2 shows at once in a season. It's really not that big of a deal.
Vizo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Come on, Index III.

Though I won't be watching them, I hope Funimation can keep with their same day/week anime. If not, they should find way that won't result in a sudden pause in the middle of the season. Either way, I love Funimation for what they're doing. Very Happy
Inverti Herikawa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:15 am Reply with quote
Radiant looks a show that'd be up my alley, so here's hoping the upcoming Funimation dub fixes his voice.

He sounds totally awful in the JP ver - teenage boys do NOT sound like that at all.

EDIT: ANN's encyclopedia seems to have listed Christopher Llewyn Ramirez as the voice of Seth. Assuming that this info is trustworthy, that seals the deal - I'm definitely watching the Radiant dub weekly.

EDIT 2: Director Caitlin Glass confirmed Chris as Seth. Yep, the dub is DEFINITELY going to overtake the original JP by a landslide. No doubt at all in my mind.
https://twitter.com/caitlinsvoice/status/1055576322716655616
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1