Forum - View topic
Interview: Castlevania Season 2 Executive Producer Adi Shankar




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AiddonValentine



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 1417
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:59 pm Reply with quote
"I though Dracula was better written than Thanos."

A great truth has been spoken!

Anyway, gearing up for Season 2 tomorrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Takizawa-Shinzou



Joined: 28 Jul 2006
Posts: 43
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:19 pm Reply with quote
This cartoon looks good. Season 1 was too short. It's not anime and the art is not my favorite but it's entertaining.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
H. Guderian



Joined: 29 Jan 2014
Posts: 1112
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:59 pm Reply with quote
I can be snobby about anime and cartoons, bur I consider this one of the more valuable Netflix/Internet revivals we've gotten.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
relyat08



Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 4045
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Shankar is always a character. Can't say I disagree with him on most things. Self-contained stories and shit that is planned out from the beginning with a clear ending does tend to be the best content.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
johnnysasaki



Joined: 01 Jun 2014
Posts: 496
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:02 am Reply with quote
looks like nobody cares about Grant...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lord Geo



Joined: 18 Sep 2005
Posts: 1595
Location: North Brunswick, New Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:39 am Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
looks like nobody cares about Grant...


Shankar admitted before Season 1 debuted that the only reason Grant won't ever be in this series is because he hates the "Danasty" last name... I guess because he can only ever see it as "Da Nasty", which shows how petty he can be with some stuff.

Anyway, I'll give this series a watch eventually, likely when the home video release happens, but it is cool to at least know that Hector from Curse of Darkness will be involved in some way. Always cool to see characters from lesser-known entries get some love.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Xe4



Joined: 04 May 2015
Posts: 54
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:50 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to watching the show later tonight. It's the best video game adaptation I think I've ever sen and I have a feeling season 2 will be even better.

Japanese anime companies adapting video games should be taking notes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
donhumberto



Joined: 19 Jan 2017
Posts: 364
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Xe4 wrote:
Looking forward to watching the show later tonight. It's the best video game adaptation I think I've ever sen and I have a feeling season 2 will be even better.

Japanese anime companies adapting video games should be taking notes.

Indeed. Apart from Gungrave (which was made a looong time ago anyway) Castlevania puts every single videogame adaptation to shame...
Anyway, about to start S2... can't wait!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AiddonValentine



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 1417
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
johnnysasaki wrote:
looks like nobody cares about Grant...


Shankar admitted before Season 1 debuted that the only reason Grant won't ever be in this series is because he hates the "Danasty" last name... I guess because he can only ever see it as "Da Nasty", which shows how petty he can be with some stuff.

Anyway, I'll give this series a watch eventually, likely when the home video release happens, but it is cool to at least know that Hector from Curse of Darkness will be involved in some way. Always cool to see characters from lesser-known entries get some love.


First off, that was Ellis saying that. Second, Grant was excised in the original script is because the script was for a set of films and there wouldn't have been time for Grant. Third, he admittedly found the name stupid and Grant being a pirate weird, but Ellis said he would have changed the name to "Dinesti" (which is probably supposed be Grant's actual surname) and change his backstory a bit if Grant showed up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lord Oink



Joined: 06 Jul 2016
Posts: 784
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
First off, that was Ellis saying that. Second, Grant was excised in the original script is because the script was for a set of films and there wouldn't have been time for Grant. Third, he admittedly found the name stupid and Grant being a pirate weird, but Ellis said he would have changed the name to "Dinesti" (which is probably supposed be Grant's actual surname) and change his backstory a bit if Grant showed up


I mean, Ellis pretty much rewrote the entire series from scratch as it is what with the church being evil. Ellis is a notorious atheist and anti-Christian, which makes him adapting a series that features badass holy warriors of the church fighting demons a bit odd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group