• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Domestic Girlfriend TV Anime Reveals 1st Promo Video, Theme Song Artists, More Cast Members

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaskOfBrutality

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:57 am Reply with quote
Looking good, I'm quite excited about this but knowing the manga is fairly long (20+ volumes) it tempers my excitement a tad because I know in all likelihood we ain't gonna get even half of it animated. No on releasing it in English (physically) either which is a bummer.
kotomikun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:26 am Reply with quote
Well that's... a much raunchier premise than I would have guessed, given that it's got the most mundane romance title imaginable. Also kind of amazed they kept a stepsisters love triangle concept going for over 20 volumes, and that this is apparently a serious (and probably also fanservicey) drama, not a comedy. Not really my kind of thing, though.
Arthys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:10 am Reply with quote
MaskOfBrutality wrote:
Looking good, I'm quite excited about this but knowing the manga is fairly long (20+ volumes) it tempers my excitement a tad because I know in all likelihood we ain't gonna get even half of it animated. No on releasing it in English (physically) either which is a bummer.

The manga is running on Crunchyroll manga atm. It is up to date(chapter 208). You can find physically on amazon as well i guess.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:17 am Reply with quote
Article said:
Quote:
Amazon had announced in June 2017 that it would stream series airing in the Animeism block to over 200 countries around the world on its Amazon Prime Video service. The official website for the Domestic Girlfriend anime has not yet confirmed where the show will stream.

It should say "over 200 countries and territories" as there are over 190-something recognized countries.
MaskOfBrutality

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Arthys wrote:
The manga is running on Crunchyroll manga atm. It is up to date(chapter 208). You can find physically on amazon as well i guess.

Yeah I've seen that it's on CR but I don't read online (unless the manga has no English release) so that rules that out, no physical version as far as I can see unfortunately. Kodansha being publisher means less likely for physical as well.
Kyo Hisagi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Boy second season of School Days looks great
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1