• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mari Okada, Nao Emoto's O Maidens in Your Savage Season Manga Gets TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:52 am Reply with quote
I remember reading some of this online and it was cute, then the translator got bored he said and supposedly he didn't like where the manga went? So I'm curious how things go after the few translated chapters, if the translator was just being a butthead or not.
RahviTheColorful

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:03 am Reply with quote
Ho boy, the visual looks awesome! The manga's artwork is both beautiful and calming, so I was worried if an anime would capture it properly, but it's definitely looking good. Looking forward to it.

HoboSoup wrote:
I remember reading some of this online and it was cute, then the translator got bored he said and supposedly he didn't like where the manga went? So I'm curious how things go after the few translated chapters, if the translator was just being a butthead or not.

I guess it comes down to taste but, expect for maybe some very, very recent events, I can't seem to think of anything that would make someone go as far as dropping the series.

But it's taste, I guess, and how much people are capable of enjoying a series where they don't like or agree or everything that happens.
I hardly ever drop a series, unless it gets super boring to me. Characters doing things I think are dumb or outrageous is pretty much never a reason.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:40 am Reply with quote
Would have loved to see Okada hop in the director's chair again after Maquia but I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer to see that happen again.
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! Really looking forward to this.
HoboSoup wrote:

Odds are the translator's just being a butthead.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:28 pm Reply with quote
This sounds intriguing. I wonder who the cast members will be, but this series looks like something I’ll be keeping an eye on either way. 2019 will be an interesting year to see unfold to say the least.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:01 am Reply with quote
Okada-san has to be the most-prolific native Japanese female script-writer for anime by now. We need more a lot of women writers for anime on a regular basis.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:52 am Reply with quote
I always keep wanting to give Mari Okada's works a shot and I'll probably end up watching this too but I always end up feeling like her writing is too melodramatic for my tastes.
Dian Z

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I always keep wanting to give Mari Okada's works a shot and I'll probably end up watching this too but I always end up feeling like her writing is too melodramatic for my tastes.

Well, if you want to give this a shot, you'd probably want to embrace the melodramaticisim, cause it easily falls under that category, even more than some others of Okada's works.
ballinamon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Okaaadaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:57 am Reply with quote
Dian Z wrote:

Well, if you want to give this a shot, you'd probably want to embrace the melodramaticisim, cause it easily falls under that category, even more than some others of Okada's works.
Thanks for the heads up. There were some aspects about Dragon Pilot I still enjoyed but the melodrama was my biggest frustration with it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1