• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black Blood Brothers (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:37 am Reply with quote

Black Blood Brothers (TV)

Genres: action, drama , supernatural
Themes: vampires

Plot Summary: Ten years after the Holy War in Hong Kong, Mochizuki Jirou, aka the Silver Blade, and the lone hero who fought and defeated the Kowloon Children despite the loss of his lover, returns to Japan with his young brother, Mochizuki Kotaro. The two quickly discover that the Kowloon Children who survived the Holy War are seeking to infiltrate the “Special Zone”—a thriving city protected by an invisible barrier that will not allow Kowloon Children entrance—unless they’re invited. Red Bloods refer to the humans; Black Bloods are the vampires, and the Mochizuki Brothers are Old Blood—the last descendants of an elite clan of vampires. When Kotaro is abducted by one of the Kowloon Children, Jirou has no choice but to fight once more.
----------------------------------

Has anybody else seen this show besides me? I can't seem to find anyone who's even glanced at it.

This show is about 2 Vampire brothers who want to live and make friends in the "Special Zone" where vamps. and humans live together, somewhat peacefully. Most vampires are generally nice or at least not murderous bastards, but there is a kind of vampires called Kowloon Childern that infect other people and make them all go crazy and kill people, which is what the Special Zone is trying to stop. Because years ago in Hong Kong a war broke out that could've easily become a worldwide crisis, if the Kowloon Children got out of Hong Kong. The main character is known as "Silver Blade" a swordsman with pretty good skill who fought in Hong Kong. (He's dressed in all red with a big hat, Kinda like a cross between Alucard and Carmen Sandiego, which aren't all that different.)

That's basically what the show is about, now it's time for what I think.

This is an OK anime with yet another somewhat interesting take on Vampires.

The story is, well a normal tale of revenge and trying to find your place in the world type of deal. So it's not all that exciting, sounding but it works pretty well for this one.

The animation is pretty good for the most part and most of the fights are awesome. Especially with all the wierd powers that Vampires have. spoiler[Cain, a huge butler looking vampire is also, A Wearwolf.]

The music in this show is generic, almost cheezy from the opening to the ending. However I do like the ending theme quite a bit. I would almost say it's one of the most beautiful, sad songs i've heard in an anime for awhile.

I'd give it a C+ or B overall (depends how it ends, i've seen all but the last episode)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Lord Kefka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:53 am Reply with quote
I actually absolutely did not like this show. And that's saying it in a nice way. The characters were too fake. The plot doesn't develop well and the last episode seemed almost like a cop out. I'd give it a C- at best.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:08 am Reply with quote
Well then, it looks like I'm gonna give it my C+ after all, if the end is that bad.

And I agree on the characters being mostly fake. Especially Jirou, he's the main character and it seemed through out the whole show that he actually didn't care what was going on, even when he was "crying" that his brother dissapeared. However I do like his little brother.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Lord Kefka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:10 am Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
Well then, it looks like I'm gonna give it my C+ after all, if the end is that bad.

And I agree on the characters being mostly fake. Especially Jirou, he's the main character and it seemed through out the whole show that he actually didn't care what was going on, even when he was "crying" that his brother dissapeared. However I do like his little brother.

The ending was interesting. The best part of this Anime is probably just the start of each episode where you see Jirou's past.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:13 am Reply with quote
Yes, I liked that quitea bit. Before the "start" of every episode you saw the events either leading up to his transformation into a vampire or leading up to the point they're at in the show. That was a pretty interesting way of doing that.
Lord Kefka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:17 am Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
Yes, I liked that quitea bit. Before the "start" of every episode you saw the events either leading up to his transformation into a vampire or leading up to the point they're at in the show. That was a pretty interesting way of doing that.

Yeah. If only the Anime would contribute more time into that (since it was important for the ending). But it's mostly the characters that I hated. More than Jirou was that girl. I don't see how she can be regarded as any form of a main character.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:24 am Reply with quote
The Company girl that was with em the whole time? I hated the way she would go from "You cause me nothing but problems." straight to "You HAVE to stay here." in less time then it takes blink. But besides that I didn't mind her, and the way I guess she's a main character is that she brought Jirou "To the light" a couple of times.

I do like Cassa though. I thought she was funny when she cornered the Company girl in the blood shack.

What I don't get is Cassa's little sword swinging brother. He's been transformed for like 10 years but he's too crazy powerful for that small period of time.
Lord Kefka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:25 am Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
The Company girl that was with em the whole time? I hated the way she would go from "You cause me nothing but problems." straight to "You HAVE to stay here." in less time then it takes blink. But besides that I didn't mind her, and the way I guess she's a main character is that she brought Jirou "To the light" a couple of times.

I do like Cassa though. I thought she was funny when she cornered the Company girl in the blood shack.

What I don't get is Cassa's little sword swinging brother. He's been transformed for like 10 years but he's too crazy powerful for that small period of time.

Her little brother inherited the power from like one of the more powerful Old Blood (forgot what it was called). I think that's why.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:29 am Reply with quote
True, but didn't Jirou also get his blood from Alice, who was one of the powerful Old Blood too. He didn't get that powerful for quite a while.
Lord Kefka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:34 am Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
True, but didn't Jirou also get his blood from Alice, who was one of the powerful Old Blood too. He didn't get that powerful for quite a while.

What episode are you on? I don't want to spoil anything..
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:38 am Reply with quote
I've been following it since it came out on sub, up until 9 and i just finished 11 today, errr yesterday.
Lord Kefka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:41 am Reply with quote
Ok. I guess it was episode 11 then. I think Jirou had a mental breakdown or something at that time. He is powerful. Refer to the first episode and what he did.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:45 am Reply with quote
Oh, I know how powerful he is now, I mean in the first episode he raped a few hundred vampires with, what, like 4 swings of the sword. But he's around 100 years old now and I can see how powerful he is, but I'm not sure 10 years into it he was as powerful as Cassa's little brother is now. Remember that episode when he was training.
Lord Kefka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:50 am Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
Oh, I know how powerful he is now, I mean in the first episode he raped a few hundred vampires with, what, like 4 swings of the sword. But he's around 100 years old now and I can see how powerful he is, but I'm not sure 10 years into it he was as powerful as Cassa's little brother is now. Remember that episode when he was training.

Are you talking about the episode where he invaded the mansion? jirou was already weak to begin with at that time.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:03 am Reply with quote
Wait, what? I'm just stating the general fact that even though Cassa's little brother got his blood from an Old Blood, 10 years into his transformation he shouldn't be as powerful as he is. Then I stated that Jirou, 10 years into his transformation wasn't as powerful as Cassa's little brother, although Jirou got his blood from Alice, a powerful Old Blood also.

I know it seemed as though Jirou was weak compared to Cassa's little brother when they fought, but that was after his breakdown, so I understand.

I know he's very powerful and I know he's been weak since his mental break down, which is what made the show go as long as 12 episode, otherwise he would've already killed all the Kowloon children and either decided to live or not to live in the Special Zone.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3