• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kengan Ashura Anime's Promo Videos Reveal 74 Supporting Cast Members, Summer Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grimvice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Ya know, as much as I don't really care for cg, the directing and choreography appear to totally make up for it!

Not to mention that cg allows for animating facial expressions better, and one of Kengan Ashura's best features is the facial expressions.
xerox-guy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Grimvice wrote:
Ya know, as much as I don't really care for cg, the directing and choreography appear to totally make up for it!

Not to mention that cg allows for animating facial expressions better, and one of Kengan Ashura's best features is the facial expressions.

I'm sorry, but I disagree. This level of 3DCG will never be good in showing various facial expressions. Look at the trailer, they look like they're made out of cardbord.
slusheep

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:12 pm Reply with quote
I really dislike how dull this looks. My understanding is that Kengan mostly only does colorized art for volume covers, but I never imagined the anime would look so gray/brown and washed out. For a series with such distinct linework it really does the aesthetic a disservice.
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:02 pm Reply with quote
xerox-guy wrote:
Grimvice wrote:

I'm sorry, but I disagree. This level of 3DCG will never be good in showing various facial expressions. Look at the trailer, they look like they're made out of cardbord.

You might wanna read this article before you start trashing 3dcg animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2017-07-12/3dcg-in-anime-an-introduction/.118724 While true, a lot of your favorite anime isn’t full 3dcg. I bet you a huge chunk of them still use 3dcg animation without you even noticing. Besides more and more anime is slowly starting to go full 3dcg. So you “hardcore” fans of anime of the past... need to stay in your nostalgic corner, rot away, or move on to the future.
Mhora

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:11 pm Reply with quote
That last post there is only condescending. I don't care HOW it is made. It only needs to look good. (nichijou <3)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1