• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Bookstore Employees Rank Top Manga of 2018

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, there are actually quite a few series here I'd pick up, if they were ever to be licensed. My Next Life as a Villainess is a series that is licensed, though the LN is digital only. If that were to see print, I'd definitely buy it. I know that the manga is licensed for print, but I rarely get manga adaptions of LNs. As, like anime, there is no guarantee that an ongoing LN will have a manga adaption that will cover the entire story. I hope, one day, the LN sees print.

Others that sound interesting are Act Age, Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hōrō Meshi, Oji-sama to Neko, and...while I'm not the target audience for it, Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai's cover got me. But, I also read Megumi Morino's Wake Up, Sleeping Beauty, which I've enjoyed so much that I'd get another of Morino's works anyway. Laughing

But, the 1 that interests me most would be Gokushufudo. That is something I would love to read, as that synopsis sounds awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:26 am Reply with quote
Glad that Jujutsu, act-age and Jigokuraku was that high up on the list. These are all great shounen titles and more sales can't hurt.
XSp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:51 am Reply with quote
What? No Kuma kuma kuma Bear?
Kitsu Kyouno

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:51 pm Reply with quote
I hope to see someday last boss on the list or that thanks to an anime I can increase your sales, because I think until today the most innovative and creative isekai that has been made, and also tensei kyuuketsuki san wa ohirune because this is my favorite ^^
manapear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Never heard of some of these, but I'll definitely be looking into them! I'm so glad to see the ones I do know though.

Between this list and some of the recent anime adaptions, it's amusing how often "reincarnated from the modern world" shows up, but is generally inconsequential.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1