• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nioh Action Game Sells 2.5 Million Copies

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:54 pm Reply with quote
What a comeback for Team Ninja, best game of 2017. A shame about Dissidia Final Fantasy but DOA6 is looking promising so far.

Last edited by residentgrigo on Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:28 pm Reply with quote
nioh was my goty 2017. people bashed the plot but if you actually did your googling youd know alot of the plot is super accurate to japanese folklore and history and didn't hide away from the brutality like starvation and stuff. then theres that dab of irish folklore and the take on william adams. the way they took the mountain of gold oda's castle sat on and mixed with alchemy legends of transmuting gold to create "amrita" was awesome. there were all sorts of little things. i know you dont play as william in the sequal but i at least hope he's there or mentioned or sent away with honors or something.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:23 am Reply with quote
#854626 wrote:
nioh was my goty 2017. people bashed the plot but if you actually did your googling youd know alot of the plot is super accurate to japanese folklore and history and didn't hide away from the brutality like starvation and stuff.

I haven't seen any criticisms towards the plot but if I had to fashion a guess I don't think the complaints have anything to do with creative liberties and artistic license. But how shallow and weak some of the writing with regards to the characters and main story are.
Zapdos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:05 am Reply with quote
2.5 million in 2 years is impressive?

RE 2 remake hit 3 million sales in just 3 days.
https://wccftech.com/resident-evil-2-3-million-sales/
PhantomRow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Zapdos wrote:
2.5 million in 2 years is impressive?

RE 2 remake hit 3 million sales in just 3 days.
https://wccftech.com/resident-evil-2-3-million-sales/

2.5 million units in 2 years may not seem impressive when compared to some other IPs that have come out in the last three years, but if we consider the fact that this is an original IP versus the RE2 remake that had an established fanbase (whom have been wanting and anticipating that game for over a decade) I think it's worthy of praise. Also, after Itagaki's departure the NG series went to crap so for them to come out with a solid action adventure game after their massive failure of NG3 this can be viewed as quite the comeback for them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1