• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: 10 Dance GNs 1-2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merida

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:17 pm Reply with quote
This is a really fun manga. It manages to stay clear of most of the usual clichés, the guys are and look like grown men and the dancing looks really sexy and dynamic.

Bonus points for the positive and sympathetic portrayal of the female characters which not a lot of BL manga seem to be able to manage...

Now if only someone with a decent budget would turn this into an anime.
Oggers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:33 pm Reply with quote
I was disappointed by Welcome to the Ballroom, but this looks like it's worth checking out. I always appreciate anime and manga that focus on athletes who aren't middle school/high school kids (because yes, ballroom dancing falls under dancesport).
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Is the author's name "Inouesatoh" as it appears twice in the review, or "Satoh Inoue" as is shown in the Production Info?

Quote:
a note in the back of volume one mentions that all but two characters in their names (“gi” and “ki”) are the same in Japanese

Shouldn't that be "gi" and "zu"?

I probably won't read this because manga, but it looks like it would make an interesting anime.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Is the author's name "Inouesatoh" as it appears twice in the review, or "Satoh Inoue" as is shown in the Production Info?

Either, I think. I went with how it was romanized on Kodansha's physical book.

Quote:
a note in the back of volume one mentions that all but two characters in their names (“gi” and “ki”) are the same in Japanese

Shouldn't that be "gi" and "zu"?[/quote]

Embarassed Why yes, yes it should. So now I'm bad at syllables as well as names! Awesome. Laughing Rolling Eyes
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
as it can be tricky when it comes to keeping characters straight.

Was this pun intentional? Laughing

Sounds like an interesting series.
Vizo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Even though this series ultimately wasn't for me, I was intrigued by what I saw. The story was original and the development felt natural. I even liked how their female dance partners were portrayed and connected with each other. This is coming from someone who doesn't care for stories about dancing, romance, or yaoi but I definitely recommend checking it out if you do.
Songster01

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Ah I'm looking forward to this one! I also hope a good studio picks this up once the manga is further along. But more than that, I hope the relationship is handled in a way that sets it apart from some of the negative tropes of BL.
ashfilledwords

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Songster01 wrote:
Ah I'm looking forward to this one! I also hope a good studio picks this up once the manga is further along. But more than that, I hope the relationship is handled in a way that sets it apart from some of the negative tropes of BL.

It's up to 5 volumes in Japan. The next 3 will be coming out every 3 months in English (May, Aug, Nov). It actually won a poll about manga series people wanted to see adapted, so here's hoping.

Their relationship is the utter definition of delicious slow burn. I already have the remaining volumes pre-ordered and hope Kodansha continues publishing them in English beyond that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1