• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Re:Zero Anime's 2nd OVA Project Slated to Debut in Theaters This Fall

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robiii

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:57 am Reply with quote
Man they are taking their fking time with this, dont they?
Iron Maw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:06 pm Reply with quote
^This side story is actually pretty relvant to next arc and will make good lead in to S2.
Kyo Hisagi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Iron Maw wrote:
^This side story is actually pretty relvant to next arc and will make good lead in to S2.

If S2 even happens, like, come on, don't they have enough material for 12/25 episodes already?... I'm pretty sure Re Zero was pretty popular, maybe not like BNHA to get a new season each year, but still.
curtisd88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:45 pm Reply with quote
But this ain't the Season 2 we NEED!
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Typically I stay out of season 2 pondering.. but with a 2nd season of a very Meh Slime series just announced and no Re:Zero.. I really wonder if JP companies like throwing money away.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Normally all studios would be booked in advance by up to 3 to 4 years. I dont think a s2 was planned when s1 was made but since it has proven a massive success they decided to do it but they needed to wait for an opening. By the time this airs, it would be just about time and since this ova will cover a major event that is key to s2 i think chances are good a s2 will be announced after this. Here's hoping.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:42 am Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
Normally all studios would be booked in advance by up to 3 to 4 years. I dont think a s2 was planned when s1 was made but since it has proven a massive success they decided to do it but they needed to wait for an opening. By the time this airs, it would be just about time and since this ova will cover a major event that is key to s2 i think chances are good a s2 will be announced after this. Here's hoping.

Agreed its simply somethin to give us in between so the name sticks around, would find it weird if there wasnt a 2nd season, they are simply takin their time since there isnt allot material anyway..i say 2020 has high chance it might come out...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1