• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mistwalker Announces Fantasian Game for Apple Arcade Service

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:19 am Reply with quote
Cool! I’ll play this!
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:50 am Reply with quote
Wow, that's definitely gonna kill off the Nintendo Switch in the way PS2 killed off the Dreamcast. It's also probably gonna cause GameStop to become the latest victim of the retail apocalypse. I hope I'm wrong.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:48 am Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
Wow, that's definitely gonna kill off the Nintendo Switch in the way PS2 killed off the Dreamcast. It's also probably gonna cause GameStop to become the latest victim of the retail apocalypse. I hope I'm wrong.

I really doubt it'll kill the Switch. The Switch has been a HUGE success, whereas the Dreamcast's only sold well very early in its lifespan; it began to lose steam before the PS2 even came along. The Switch meanwhile, has remained the fastest selling console in the industry for two years now. Its got a huge install base and they're not all going to jump ship just because Apple (a company with next to no experience in the video game market) made something of its own.
Asaaaasd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:09 am Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:

This won't have the reason the Switch succeeded, which is good Nintendo games on appealing hardware.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1