• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Berserk Manga Resumes After 8-Month Hiatus

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
traitorAIZEN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:30 am Reply with quote
Great. I'll be looking forward to the hiatus announcement next month.
ChemicalCris

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:51 am Reply with quote
traitorAIZEN wrote:

it hurts because it's true!
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:41 am Reply with quote
Come on Muira don't go down on us yet, we need you to finish up this masterpiece
chronos02

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:46 am Reply with quote
I guess it's true that there haven't been many IDOLM@STER main games for quite a few months...
brammerhammer23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:40 am Reply with quote
ChemicalCris wrote:
traitorAIZEN wrote:

Hey, hey, hey. That’s not fair. It’s going to be 3-4 chapters before another hiatus.
Heart of the Foreign God

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:01 am Reply with quote
brammerhammer23 wrote:
ChemicalCris wrote:
traitorAIZEN wrote:

Hey, hey, hey. That’s not fair. It’s going to be 3-4 chapters before another hiatus.

And they will be all griffith chapters
JB_Gra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:09 am Reply with quote
Only came here for the hiatus comments/jokes. Wasn't disappointed.

I just hope we are approaching the conclusion soon and end the hiatus cicle of suffering.
gaptoothsailor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:22 am Reply with quote
The hiatus/idolmaster jokes are beyond tasteless at this point. If you've been a Berserk fan for this long, it should be expected by this point. People love to regurgitate that video games and laziness are the cause of artists like Miura and Togashi going on indefinite hiatuses, but they also fail to realize that those were also articles people got from animemaru, which is like the onion when it comes to "satire".

Breaks also help them stay healthy. There are so many older mangaka have passed away from overwork--even legends like Ishinomori and Tezuka. At one point when Togashi was back all of his author comments in the magazine were about his back pain. We don't know Miura's condition, and as far as we know, there was also a rumor back in the day that he draws everything himself with no other staff except his son. Berserk is known for its art quality and overarching story, and it takes time to both draw and think up that story in a way that stays satisfying for its readers. Just because we are fans shouldn't mean we should act entitled to someone's work if we aren't getting it as often as others
Spoofer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:58 am Reply with quote
gaptoothsailor wrote:
The hiatus/idolmaster jokes are beyond tasteless at this point. If you've been a Berserk fan for this long, it should be expected by this point. People love to regurgitate that video games and laziness are the cause of artists like Miura and Togashi going on indefinite hiatuses, but they also fail to realize that those were also articles people got from animemaru, which is like the onion when it comes to "satire".

Breaks also help them stay healthy. There are so many older mangaka have passed away from overwork--even legends like Ishinomori and Tezuka. At one point when Togashi was back all of his author comments in the magazine were about his back pain. We don't know Miura's condition, and as far as we know, there was also a rumor back in the day that he draws everything himself with no other staff except his son. Berserk is known for its art quality and overarching story, and it takes time to both draw and think up that story in a way that stays satisfying for its readers. Just because we are fans shouldn't mean we should act entitled to someone's work if we aren't getting it as often as others

Just so long as we don't get another decade-long boatride amirite? Very Happy

/notices your username, figures you might actually enjoy another ocean voyage with Guts and co.
tintor2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:05 am Reply with quote
gaptoothsailor wrote:

They are joking dude. Can't see how harsh are they being by making these comments.
3rdImpakt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:31 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
gaptoothsailor wrote:

They are joking dude. Can't see how harsh are they being by making these comments.

I think his point is these jokes are a dead meme. Seeing "Hurrdurr Idolmaster" jokes was MAYBE funny like 7 or 8 years ago.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:59 am Reply with quote
3rdImpakt wrote:
tintor2 wrote:
gaptoothsailor wrote:

I think his point is these jokes are a dead meme. Seeing "Hurrdurr Idolmaster" jokes was MAYBE funny like 7 or 8 years ago.

As long as he keeps going on century long hiatus, the jokes remain relevant.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:59 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

As long as he keeps going on century long hiatus, the jokes remain relevant.

Agreed. I started reading the manga after watching the anime and deciding that I couldn't leave things there. That was 10 years ago.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1