• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Quintessential Quintuplets Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:00 am Reply with quote
Glad the rumor came true, it had really good disc sales surprisingly so hope this 2nd season will be good and also that animation will be bit better because there were times when you saw some stuff was rushed....
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:01 am Reply with quote
This gets a second season but no game no life or devil is a part timer doesn't? What's the criteria for approval?
Robiii

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:13 am Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
This gets a second season but no game no life or devil is a part timer doesn't? What's the criteria for approval?
High disc sales is the cause.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:22 am Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:

The show being good.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:23 am Reply with quote
Was no expecting this at all, but I'm glad it's happening.
Doc

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:31 am Reply with quote
So will he wake up and the ending of episode 12 was all a dream?
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:44 am Reply with quote
So glad this turned out to be true.

For what it was, I actually really enjoyed this series and each of the quints were very likable. Especially Best Girl (aka) Miku! Smile

Doc wrote:

I don't see why, episode 1 already showed he married one of them and episode 12 didn't conclusive spell out who it was. We got an ending but one that was left open to interpretation. So S2 could build on that by showing us more of what happened in-between and then give us a definitive ending.
micah007

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:09 am Reply with quote
I love waking up to good news.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:16 am Reply with quote
How does this show compare to We Never Learn? They seem like they both have similar premises to me.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:16 am Reply with quote
Chaos Wings wrote:
So S2 could build on that by showing us more of what happened in-between and then give us a definitive ending.

Oh, I wish, but...I'm unsure if the manga is actually that close to ending itself.

Very happy with a season 2. Personally, I was happy with what we got in the 1st season, but I won't complain that we're getting more.
WingKing

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:22 am Reply with quote
Robiii wrote:
ultimatehaki wrote:

Not just disc sales, manga sales and merchandise sales too. People always talk about the "anime bump" that producers are hoping to get, well Quints is a textbook example of when it goes right. Manga volume 5, which came out around the time the anime was first announced, sold about 80,000 copies in its first two weeks of release. The latest book, Volume 9, was the first to come out since the anime ended, and it sold 320,000 copies in its first two weeks - that's a quadrupling of sales in just 8 months. And it's not just the new volumes, there were a few weeks during and after the anime's run where literally every volume was back on the charts again (volume 1 was getting close to 400,000 copies sold the last time it charted). In fact, Quints has at least for now surpassed Seven Deadly Sins as the best-selling manga in Weekly Shonen Magazine's lineup.

Quote:

The only thing that was anime-original in episode 12 was spoiler[the small epilogue scene after he gets out of the hospital], which skipped two chapters they'll have to go back and cover, and that's no big deal. Everything else (including spoiler[the wedding day stuff]) was straight out of chapters 30-32 of the manga, so there's no need for season 2 to retcon anything.

Last edited by WingKing on Sun May 05, 2019 8:35 am; edited 2 times in total
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:32 am Reply with quote
Robiii wrote:
ultimatehaki wrote:

Both shows I mentioned had high disc sales and greater popularity.
gaptoothsailor

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:33 am Reply with quote
Kodansha has up to volume 2 out in print as well now
Rogueywon

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:52 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
How does this show compare to We Never Learn? They seem like they both have similar premises to me.

You're right that they both have a similar premise. They also both occupy the comedy/drama space. I guess the difference is that Quintuplets basically tilts 60:40 in favour of drama, while We Never Learn, based on the episides that have currently aired, tilts 60:40 to comedy.

Quintuplets focusses on multi-episode character arcs. We Never Learn is more of a sketch-based show, with three loosely connected skits per episode.

But this isn't a hard and fast distinction. There's a lot of common ground between the two.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:14 am Reply with quote
Based solely on disc sales, a second season is not a big surprise. I am not a fan of the show, but I am curious about seeing what happens next. BTW, Nino is best girl.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3