• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Sword Oratoria Novel 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Yeah it is interesting to explore Ais's past but it does in no way answer anything about her past.

Very lackluster entry
GhostD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:28 am Reply with quote
I honestly found this to be an interesting read. Fans of the anime who never read either the manga or novels often complained about how Aiz is flat and/or nearly emotionless but if you were to look from the Loki Familia's POV this is actually one hell of an improvement when you read this vol and consider what she was like as a kid.

Quote:
Maybe the most important detail is some clarification on how the Dungeon reacts to the presence of gods. Volume 5 of the main series (and episodes 12 and 13 of the anime) implied that Hestia releasing her divine aura was what triggered the appearance of the Goliath on Floor 18, and one scene in one of the flashbacks confirms that such a thing can be a trigger for the appearance of an Irregular like that.

Yeah gods are capable of hiding their divine aura (not necessarily their arcanum) which prevents the Dungeon from recognizing them as deities if theyre inside. If they release that aura inside the dungeon like what Thanatos did then thats when the Dungeon acts. Kali from vol 6 was also able to trick Lefiya that way.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Soulwarfare wrote:
Yeah it is interesting to explore Ais's past but it does in no way answer anything about her past.

Very lackluster entry

To be nine volumes deep into a spin-off, it's kind of a problem to still not know much about the character it's based on.

Reaaaaaaaally not regretting my decision to stop reading the mainline books here.
GhostD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:59 am Reply with quote
Well spoiler[the character focused vols end here at least for now cos the next vols will be focused back on Knossos and its where things get interesting and intense as the latest vol has Bell and the Hestia Familia play a significant role as the Loki Familia's reinforcements and this takes place after the climax of the upcoming vol 15 of the main story.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1