• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Name correction: Noburou OOFUJI to Noburo OFUJI (#39185)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lapin noir

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Outside of the encyclopedia, his name is much more commonly spelt Noburo OFUJI (for three examples, on this exhibition poster, at the Japanese Animated Film Classics website and on the website of US releaser Zakka Films) than Noburou OOFUJI, as it currently is.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Tweaked!
person#39185
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lapin noir

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Changing the name to the standard revised Hepburn romanization, Noburou ŌFUJI, is definitely an improvement. However, I thought ANN's policy was the same as English Wikipedia: to use the spelling most often used in authorative English-languages sources – the examples I linked to all spell the name Noburo OFUJI, without a macron.

I just want to make sure I've understood the policy right before requesting other corrections of this nature.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1