• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ascendance of a Bookworm Anime Reveals 14-Episode Length, October 2 Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:15 am Reply with quote
Made the usual tweak to my Narou anime spreadsheet.

I'm a little surprised I haven't had to add a row since I made it, back in March -- unless I missed one, there haven't been any new Narou adaptations announced since Mushoku Tensei.
Mizuki-Takashima

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:23 am Reply with quote
This show looks so wholesome and sweet, I really wanna watch it!
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:00 am Reply with quote
*Looks at the time slots*

...that was NOT what I was expecting for this, of all things. Guess it really is just down to what's available anymore. Guess there's really no day time slot available. We did just lose two day time slots on TBS/MBS at the end of June, too, so...

For those who don't want to look it up: Show is airing at 10PM to after 12AM, depending on the network.
Kami-koto

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:07 am Reply with quote
Please don't butcher this one Crying or Very sad
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:34 am Reply with quote
Great it is getting any anime, must buy for me.

Though on the manga front, J-Novel Club is not releasing the manga on Amazon, so Kindle users are screwed. Especially, since the other three digital vendors do not have apps for the Kindle.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:09 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

Though on the manga front, J-Novel Club is not releasing the manga on Amazon, so Kindle users are screwed. Especially, since the other three digital vendors do not have apps for the Kindle.

We will probably be releasing it and the rest of our manga on Kindle soon actually. We are testing a release with how a realist hero rebuilt the kingdom now to see if the sales justify the terrible royalty %
HannoX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:21 am Reply with quote
This is one of the better and better written LNs I've read. And it's really nice that it avoids the over used trope of the OP MC having to defeat the Demon Lord and save the world. Myne is anything but OP and her goal is simply to create books, which means she has to start by creating affordable paper. Of course, if she succeeds in making books affordable and common, that will vastly change the world she lives in, even though the process of change will probably play out over centuries, just as it did in our world.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I think this has to be the first true Japanese-made anime since Magical Meow Meow Taruto to air on a satellite station like WOWOW while looking so all-ages appropriate.
SirGir

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:48 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:

We will probably be releasing it and the rest of our manga on Kindle soon actually. We are testing a release with how a realist hero rebuilt the kingdom now to see if the sales justify the terrible royalty %

Oh hey, you work for J-Novel Club? Can I ask what retailers take the lowest cut?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1