• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Interspecies Reviewers Anime Unveils New Ad, 12-Episode Length, January 4 Streaming Preview

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:15 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The video and key visual in the below article may not be safe for work.

It's a strange kind of impressive to see this...
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Only thing I'm liking from what I can hear is the theme song, it sounds cool. And seeing those octopus tentacles...it's obvious this originally was planned to be a hentai...

And what is with the bleep partway through? Confused
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Sailor Sedna wrote:
Only thing I'm liking from what I can hear is the theme song, it sounds cool. And seeing those octopus tentacles...it's obvious this originally was planned to be a hentai...

And what is with the bleep partway through? Confused

The "bleep" is them censoring the narrator explaining just exactly what the characters are "reviewing", which is, of course, prostitution establishments.

I've read the manga. While there are plenty of boobs it's certainly a comedy, and the tentacle reference is just one in a sea of kinks the show makes fun of. It's played for laughs rather than titillation.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:26 pm Reply with quote
I know this has to do with prostitutes (read about its concept), I was just wondering because I don't hear bleeps often in anime.

This probably would get a mature rating from Yen Press, and if it's played for laughs, I guess I'll give it a read, sounds better than some stuff that got released like Plus-Sized Elf (from what I read that seemed to only be made as fetish fuel).
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:00 pm Reply with quote
AkumaChef wrote:
The "bleep" is them censoring the narrator explaining just exactly what the characters are "reviewing", which is, of course, prostitution establishments.

Then, how long until I Got a Cheat and Moved to Another World, so I Want to Live as I Like (Sekkaku Cheat wo Moratte Isekai ni Teni shita n dakara, Suki na you ni Ikitemitai) get's an anime adaption?

Sailor Sedna wrote:
sounds better than some stuff that got released like Plus-Sized Elf (from what I read that seemed to only be made as fetish fuel).

I have read it and IMO it is not about "fetish fuel", it gives sensible advice (in the vein of How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? ) and gives no more fanservice than your average skintight/spandex wearing superhero comic. I give it extra points because it is not afraid to draw females with a a bit of fat (and/or muscle!) on their bodies. These is no ToLove Ru and IMO those into fat or muscle fetish would consider it lacking in the fanservice department (ok, the mermaid he draw in ONE panel had a nice body, I will say no more Anime hyper ).
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Sailor Sedna wrote:
I know this has to do with prostitutes (read about its concept), I was just wondering because I don't hear bleeps often in anime.

This probably would get a mature rating from Yen Press, and if it's played for laughs, I guess I'll give it a read, sounds better than some stuff that got released like Plus-Sized Elf (from what I read that seemed to only be made as fetish fuel).

I'm 100% sure it's not "real" censorship, rather the bleep is them poking fun at themselves.

The manga would certainly get a "mature" rating, but there's no doubt it's all played for laughs. It makes fun of a bunch of isekai tropes, parodies the recent "monster girls" sorts of shows, and so on. But if you're after sexy art then even relatively tame stuff like, say, Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs blows this out of the water.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1