• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Maesetsu! Anime's Teaser Video Previews Animation

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:41 am Reply with quote
The trailer has a nice quirky feel to it and I think it was a good idea to get Kagami Yoshimizu to do the original illustrations since a lot of people liked Lucky Star. It is hard to tell much about an original anime production from a minute of trailer but everything about the production staff looks good.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:46 am Reply with quote
Are instruments really that common with manzai comedy routines? Perplexed why they would be on the key visual.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Are instruments really that common with manzai comedy routines? Perplexed why they would be on the key visual.

My guess is that the original idea was just going to be the girls doing comedy routines but they started to worry how well the show would sell. It is an original production which can be a major financial gamble for a studio. Considering the key visual and some scenes in the trailer I am guessing that they will occasionally play musical instruments to pull in some of the idol fans.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1